Oct 10th, '09, 20:35
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Show Off Your Pots and Cups XI

by Victoria » Oct 10th, '09, 20:35

Wow Geek, that is so beautiful!! I totally missed out on those. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Congrats!

Sweet pot Bryan, congrats to you also!

Oct 10th, '09, 20:49

by geeber1 » Oct 10th, '09, 20:49

Chip wrote:
geeber1 wrote:Geek, that is really a beautiful cup! I love the vibrant colors and it has a definite female "vibe."
Yep! But I can still call it beautiful, right?
Of course you can! :D

Oct 10th, '09, 21:45

by Robert Fornell » Oct 10th, '09, 21:45

Seto Yuzuriha handpainted teacup. These cups are traditionally produced and handpainted only by women.

Awesome cups Geekgirl.........

Thanks for sharing those.

Best,
R

Oct 10th, '09, 23:08

by JBaymore » Oct 10th, '09, 23:08

Geekgirl,

NICE cups there!!!

best,

...........john

Oct 11th, '09, 00:10

by Geekgirl » Oct 11th, '09, 00:10

Thanks all. I'm so glad I managed to get in on this one. My understanding is that this particular pottery is experiencing a surge in popularity with 3 - 6 month waiting lists. I was lucky to get in on a special offer from Artistic Nippon, AND lucky to get my first pick. Toru is so great to do business with.

Oct 11th, '09, 00:47

by bryan_drinks_tea » Oct 11th, '09, 00:47

AdamMY wrote:Bryan,

Do you know what tea you are going to use it for?

It looks like a cool pot.

I am debating whether to use it for light or dark oolongs. I posted something similar in the oolong section and got some interesting questions about it. some guy wanted to know the clay type, the thickness, et cetera, because certain pots are better for certain teas. I'm not going to do anything until I have gotten more info about the pot. thanks for the comments, by the way :)

Oct 11th, '09, 00:49

by odarwin » Oct 11th, '09, 00:49

hi guys,
i just wanted to share my new set up...
i ditched the old big bamboo tray for something more simple, elegant, and civilized :D

cloth was stitched by hand for me by a cousin

tea boat from wistaria tea house... its got a nice vintage farmers look and feel to it... the ring near the center is an unglazed part in the tea boat

de hua tea cups also from wistaria tea house... the left most one is oblong in shape... its quite unique cause all of the other cups we are used to is round shaped
saucers from an antique fair here in manila... dead cheap... less than $4 for 6 pieces... i believe they are 70's-80's japanese reject saucers. its dirty white in color with a gold rim.

aroma and drinking cup custom made for wistaria tea house... as you can see there is a "zi" word in the center of the drinking cup... the aroma cup also has this but im having a hard time shooting it... for the aroma cup its on the outside of the tea cup near the rim and has 2 words instead of 1.

a pair of jing de yao tea cups with some help from a friend. hand painted, very bold and striking qing hua painting. very soft to the touch and feel while drinking tea in it

-darwin

Oct 11th, '09, 01:49

by bryan_drinks_tea » Oct 11th, '09, 01:49

I have a question....

Given the pics of my tea pot...what kind of tea should I brew in it? what would be best?

thanks,

Bryan

Oct 11th, '09, 11:04

by woozl » Oct 11th, '09, 11:04

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Seto Yuzuriha handpainted teacup. These cups are traditionally produced and handpainted only by women.

Whoo hooo,
I must of snoozed thru. that one :roll:
Very sweet cup.

Oct 11th, '09, 16:07

by Victoria » Oct 11th, '09, 16:07

woozl wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Seto Yuzuriha handpainted teacup. These cups are traditionally produced and handpainted only by women.
Whoo hooo,
Very sweet cup.
Yeah it was fast and the items flew even faster. He said it was a spur of the moment decision to post them and he's not sure when he can do them again since the wait is 3-4 months. But considering how fast they sold out, it seems like it would be worth it. Pretty much a sure thing. :)

odarwin - very nice teaboat, and set up! And I love those last two blue tea cups, really lovely!

Oct 11th, '09, 18:41

by chicagopotter » Oct 11th, '09, 18:41

odarwin wrote: tea boat from wistaria tea house... its got a nice vintage farmers look and feel to it... the ring near the center is an unglazed part in the tea boat
Great tea boat! I love pieces with unglazed rings in the center...

Oct 11th, '09, 22:16

by odarwin » Oct 11th, '09, 22:16

Victoria wrote:
woozl wrote:
Whoo hooo,
Very sweet cup.
Yeah it was fast and the items flew even faster. He said it was a spur of the moment decision to post them and he's not sure when he can do them again since the wait is 3-4 months. But considering how fast they sold out, it seems like it would be worth it. Pretty much a sure thing. :)

odarwin - very nice teaboat, and set up! And I love those last two blue tea cups, really lovely!
thanks for your comments!
those qing hua tea cups are actually a set of 4... with one season represented in each cup... i only have 2 in the picture, and one is in the office, too bad the last one, winter, was sold out before my friend can get me a complete set.

-darwin

Oct 13th, '09, 12:37

by olivierco » Oct 13th, '09, 12:37

Five small (100ml) yunomi have just arrived.

Oct 13th, '09, 13:23

by LapsangS » Oct 13th, '09, 13:23

This English tea cup set is similar to mine. It is "Victorian Orchard" made by Churchill. My set consists of teapot, 6 cups, saucers and sugar & milk jugs.

Oct 15th, '09, 14:30

Re: Show Off Your Pots and Cups XII

by ginkgo » Oct 15th, '09, 14:30

One of mine yunomi for green tea !
I enjoy the little noise it makes when I put the hot water inside ...little crackles
melody . I have to choose the side for drinking too : thin one or more thick... and the taste of the tea will change...