Oct 16th, '09, 00:13

Re: Show Off Your Pots and Cups XII

by kymidwife » Oct 16th, '09, 00:13

A few shots of my jumbo Mahoggle yunomi... plus some shots of part of my teaware collection with the Mahoggle along side other pieces for scale perspective... not artistic, done in a hurry! As you will see, my little display area is getting very crowded and soon will have to spread out.

Thanks for looking!

Oct 16th, '09, 00:15

by Abracadaver! » Oct 16th, '09, 00:15

:shock: That thing's a behemoth!

Oct 16th, '09, 00:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 16th, '09, 00:28

Wow, thanks for posting!! You are doing well with your new camera, the shots look great! Hopefully you or Chip will convince Mahoggle to join our Artisan Community. :)

Love seeing your set up and the sego palm. Very popular here in Southern CA, and expensive. People have been stealing from others' yards here if you can believe that.

Thanks for the post!

Oct 16th, '09, 00:35

by woozl » Oct 16th, '09, 00:35

Mahogwow :!:

Oct 16th, '09, 00:48

by kymidwife » Oct 16th, '09, 00:48

Victoria wrote:Love seeing your set up and the sego palm. Very popular here in Southern CA, and expensive. People have been stealing from others' yards here if you can believe that.
Wow, I bought that one for about 6 bucks at Lowe's on clearance, LOL. They had some larger ones, but that one was a great size for my little table. Hopefully I will not kill it... I'm not great with indoor plants.

Sarah

Oct 16th, '09, 03:10

by ginkgo » Oct 16th, '09, 03:10

Love the color of that BIG one !!!! supersize !
and "Hopefully you or Chip will convince Mahoggle to join our Artisan Community." I agree with that : if we could see more it will be great !
ps : your tea "spot" is very nice and cosy too.

Oct 17th, '09, 04:59

by yee » Oct 17th, '09, 04:59

I finely found out about my pot. It is made by Lu Qui Ting(ar something like that) the wife of Mao Shun Hong (苗春洪) craftsman from Yixing Zisha Factory 1. Another source says that he it an assistant master craftsman.

Oct 17th, '09, 08:35

by Chip » Oct 17th, '09, 08:35

Thanks for sharing, Sarah. I see at least several of the Special Offer Hagi there! :D

Ha, I think you can park around a dozen of those Deishi Gyokuro cups in that Mahoogle. Very nice Shino!

Ginkgo, that is a really interesting Yunomi, it appears to imitate nature, yet not sure where I have seen this texture, but seems like I have.

Reallly nice porcelain odarwin! I quite like the cups!

Interesting update, Yee! Glad to see you were able to find out about your pot.

Heh, yeah, I saw those, Olivier. :wink: It is always funny to see such finds right here on the pages of TeaChat.

Thank you for sharing with us LapsangS.

Oct 17th, '09, 11:13

by olivierco » Oct 17th, '09, 11:13

Chip wrote:
Heh, yeah, I saw those, Olivier. :wink: It is always funny to see such finds right here on the pages of TeaChat.
I had been following those yunomi for some months before actually deciding to buy them.

Oct 17th, '09, 20:27

by Cha Nacho » Oct 17th, '09, 20:27

Hi All,
Heres a couple of pictures of my tea stuff, I've been meaning to post for some time. Fairly simple really and inspired by the gong-fu style. The first shot is my basic daily setup. The second picture shows the beautiful tea mat my mom made for me as well as a larger Yi-xing pot purchased from Kam at fun-alliance. I bought it before I realised that it is actually the very small pots that are used for gong-fu brewing, but I'm very happy that I did because it brews a nice big mug a la western style. Fortunately for me, living in Vancouver I have access to the second biggest China town in North America where there is lots of choice for great teas and accessories (which is where I bought most of these items). Enjoy :)
Attachments
Teaware2a.jpg
Teaware2a.jpg (32.71 KiB) Viewed 912 times
teaware1a.JPG
teaware1a.JPG (48.06 KiB) Viewed 912 times

Oct 19th, '09, 19:57

by Victoria » Oct 19th, '09, 19:57

Very nice setup Cha Nacho! Love your gaiwan. Very nice mat made with love, that is cool!

Oct 19th, '09, 20:16

by Victoria » Oct 19th, '09, 20:16

In ADDITION to my TWO Hagi TeaChat Special Offer bowls that came today, I also go a little package from Artistic Nippon. This lidded bowl I had been watching for a bit. Actually nicer in person than on the site. Although it is traditional blue in lower light it tends to look green. The foot is high so it realty sits up off the table and looks cool.

Oct 19th, '09, 21:17

by Victoria » Oct 19th, '09, 21:17

Oh and these lidded cups too! It's been quite a delivery day!

I found though, that the lid knob is very small and being straight sided makes these seem to be a bit tricky to use.

Oct 20th, '09, 09:58

by Mrs. Chip » Oct 20th, '09, 09:58

Victoria wrote:In ADDITION to my TWO Hagi TeaChat Special Offer bowls that came today, I also go a little package from Artistic Nippon. This lidded bowl I had been watching for a bit. Actually nicer in person than on the site. Although it is traditional blue in lower light it tends to look green. The foot is high so it realty sits up off the table and looks cool.

Kewel, the foot is definately more like a pedestal and very 'way kewel'. Lovely cup.

Oct 20th, '09, 14:16

by Cha Nacho » Oct 20th, '09, 14:16

Thanks Victoria, much appreciated comments. Looks like you have some beautiful items too!! I hope to keep building my collection when the right pieces come along :)