Hagi SO #6 Sansai Wan

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Oct 11th, '09, 16:47
Scrolling: scrolling

Hagi SO #6 Sansai Wan

by Chip » Oct 11th, '09, 16:47

Hagi Special Offer #6 San-Sai Wan

SOLD OUT, SORRY.

I saw San-Sai Guinomi (sake cups) several times and they really turned my head, but I had never seen it in a “Wan” before and thought this would be quite unique. The size is approx 3.6 inches wide X 2.4 – 2.6 inches high. A very functional, multipurpose size!

This is the first of at least several different San Sai pieces I expect we will have as Hagi Special Offers for members of TeaChat.

These were designed and created for us by Hagi master artisan, Yamane Seigan. They are unique and this combination of size, style, and glaze have not been offered previously. They are also a very limited run, NOT mass produced.

The price is $52.50, discounted more than 20% off the suggested resale price of $65-70 if it was even available. Many thanks to Magokorodo for teaming with us to make this unique offering possible. .

San-Sai or Sansai refers to the beautiful tricolor effect of the runny glaze and is sometimes interpreted as rainbow. The white background glazing gives the piece a nice old friend feel. The white interior is naturally perfect for viewing tea.

The clay is a moderately rough sand clay. Oni Hagi San-Sai Wan.
If you are interested, please PM me immediately! Ordering info is at the bottom of this PM.

Regarding the Special Wood Box which has the typical Yamane Seigan hand written signature and description on the outside of the lid.

On the inside of the lid, a special designation for this batch. It states to the right in kanji "Kinsei" which I understand means carefully made especially for and under supervision of and reflects a gratitude in which Japanese culture is reflected. To the left, TeaChat in English, and in the romantic Japanese translation in Kanji "Discussion about Tea" And Magokoro in Kanji and English.

The vendor requires all Special Offer ordering be handled by your friendly Moderator :wink: . I expect a lot of interest in these beauties, and they will be gone before you know it! Good news, they are all quite beautiful in Hagi fashion. Any questions, please PM me.

Please select your fave and at least 2 alternates, OR ALLOW ME TO SELECT for you from the remaining pieces. TBH, I am having a very difficult time choosing 1 anyway and will choose 2 if there are 2 available, choosing 2 that differ from each other, there are many that I personally would be very happy with owning. If you want 2, pick at least 3-4 alternates.

If funds are a bit tight this week, payment may be delayed. Please let me know. Mago is closed til at least Wednesday due to a business trip.

Below are 2 “SMALL” pictures of each group. You can find more and “LARGER” photos in my photobucket by clicking:
http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll60 ... Sai%20Wan/

SOLD OUT!!!

Oct 11th, '09, 16:55

Re: Hagi Special Offer #6 Sansai Wan

by Chip » Oct 11th, '09, 16:55

ORDERING INFO Hagi Special Offer #6

Hi, me again, so if you know how to order (if you participated in past offers, just humor me and let me remind you ). I did not want the simple procedure to get lost in that long rambling post. 8)

Ordering is pretty simple. This is the way it must be done per the vendor's request. Thanks for your cooperation.

1) Pick your piece by number. Include at least 2 or more alternates in order of preference. If you want 2 pieces, you can order 2 but your second one will be pending satisfying others' requests for one. Include 2 or more alternates for the second selection.

2) PM me with your preorder including the item numbers.

3) I will sort things out and PM you a brief order form to fill out which will include your shipping options. Then return PM it to me.

4) After receiving your order form, I will forward your order along with all the others to the vendor.

5) The vendor will email you with a Pay Pal invoice. Let me know if you do not have PayPal.

6) You pay the vendor directly, he ships items directly to you from Japan. This vendor is highly reputable and shipping from Japan is safe and easy.

7) You receive your order and enjoy for the rest of your life!!!

Oct 12th, '09, 16:54

Re: NOW-Hagi Special Offer #6 Sansai Wan

by Chip » Oct 12th, '09, 16:54

OK, #1 and 17 are still available for adoption! :D

Oct 12th, '09, 17:19

by Chip » Oct 12th, '09, 17:19

And then there was one ... #17, looking for a good home!

Oct 13th, '09, 09:37

by Chip » Oct 13th, '09, 09:37

And then there were ... or is it was ... well ...NONE! Catch the next Special Offer!!! :D

Oct 13th, '09, 10:04

by Victoria » Oct 13th, '09, 10:04

Congratulations on another sell out! These were indeed stunning and a most special Special Offer!

Oct 19th, '09, 16:33

by Chip » Oct 19th, '09, 16:33

... and it is here, too! :D

Oct 19th, '09, 19:05

by Victoria » Oct 19th, '09, 19:05

Yay!! Super fast shipping this time! Luck of the draw I guess.

Ohhh it's sooo cool!

Last edited by Victoria on Jul 4th, '10, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 20th, '09, 17:00

by Dreamer » Oct 20th, '09, 17:00

Number 17 is here...well, almost. They tried to deliver it while I was at work. I got the slip out of the mailbox and headed to the post office and it wasn't back to the post office yet. Arrrghhh.

I am sooo not good at waiting :evil:

Dreamer

Oct 20th, '09, 17:54

by Chip » Oct 20th, '09, 17:54

Thanks for sharing the photo, Victoria. These are really great. The color portion is applied rather thick, so it runz.

Pleasant dreams, Dreamer, it will come tomorrow!

Oct 20th, '09, 18:51

by Victoria » Oct 20th, '09, 18:51

Thanks Chip!
Dreamer wrote:Number 17 is here...well, almost. They tried to deliver it while I was at work. I got the slip out of the mailbox and headed to the post office and it wasn't back to the post office yet. Arrrghhh.

I am sooo not good at waiting :evil:

Dreamer
Awww sorry Dreamer!! That is usually my fate. Sorry I can relate completely! I guess I had to pass the baton to someone.

One trick I have learned is to leaved the signed slip for the carrier, and copy down the number or better yet; photocopy the slip to take to the post office. Then you have your bases covered.

Oct 20th, '09, 20:41

by Dreamer » Oct 20th, '09, 20:41

Number 17 really is here!!! I got back to the post office minutes before it closed and picked it up.

It is awesome! Like it was made to order just for me...the white inside will look GREAT with sencha and the color-texture-interest on the outside is a treat for the eyes and the hands! With the perfect lip and foot it will be a joy to use.

I'm headed out town for a couple of days early Thursday so I really wanted to get this cup today so I can give it a test run tomorrow :D :D :D

Happy sipping,
Dreamer

Oct 20th, '09, 20:48

by Victoria » Oct 20th, '09, 20:48

Yay!! Congrats!!!

Oct 20th, '09, 23:07

by kymidwife » Oct 20th, '09, 23:07

Mine's at the post office, as usual. They always attempt to deliver when I am at work, never on my days off. :evil:

Tomorrow... if work permits a trip to the post office... <sigh>

Sarah

+ Post Reply