How long is tea good?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Oct 20th, '09, 20:59

How long is tea good?

by Brinson » Oct 20th, '09, 20:59

So, I've fallen in love with this thai chai I tried and am considering buying the 16oz bag of it...but have two questions...

1. The bag it comes in...no cool tin? So...will I need to find something to put it in that's airtight?

2. If it is kept in an airtight container, how long will its flavor stay at its best?

Oct 21st, '09, 08:21

Re: How long is tea good?

by Zanaspus » Oct 21st, '09, 08:21

Brinson wrote:So, I've fallen in love with this thai chai I tried and am considering buying the 16oz bag of it...but have two questions...

1. The bag it comes in...no cool tin? So...will I need to find something to put it in that's airtight?

2. If it is kept in an airtight container, how long will its flavor stay at its best?
I would find a container. If you keep your tea in a dark cabinet, a mason jar works well in the economical range. In as much as chai is a black tea based drink, I'd say buy what you can consume with 6 months or so, and you'll be fine.

Oct 22nd, '09, 12:55

by morningbus » Oct 22nd, '09, 12:55

The tea itself, if properly stored, should last between 1 and 2 years without any serious loss of flavor. However, the spices that go into the chai may not fair as well over time.

I'd say plan for between 6 months to a year.

Oct 27th, '09, 21:05

by judyw » Oct 27th, '09, 21:05

I am glad to know tea can last a while as I have ordered twice from Adagio in three weeks and my husband just gave me tea for my anniversary. He figured I like tea, why not? Never mind I have enough to live on for the next year and don't like the flavors he chose.

+ Post Reply