Dragonwell Price

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dragonwell Price

Postby TeaFanatic » Dec 1st, '06, 15:06

I was just wondering why adagio's dragonwell went up in price this year? Was it harder to find a reliable seller, or what?
TeaFanatic

Postby Chip » Dec 6th, '06, 01:00

...well teafanatic, since there has not been an "official" reply so far...

I have read that demand for Long Jing (LJ) has increased greatly over the last several years. And demand for the best LJ outstrips supply thus pressuring price levels.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby deadfingers » Dec 6th, '06, 02:25

chip wrote:...well teafanatic, since there has not been an "official" reply so far...

I have read that demand for Long Jing (LJ) has increased greatly over the last several years. And demand for the best LJ outstrips supply thus pressuring price levels.

Glad I bought some before the price went up. :P
deadfingers

Postby Warden Andy » Dec 6th, '06, 20:21

I think they got a different longjing. I also was curious about the price change, so I got a sample of it in my last order. I don't remember the previous longjing enough to compare, but it does seem like it has a "cleaner" taste. I don't know if it's higher quality, but I like it more than the other one.

They also got a different, greener wuyi oolong.
Warden Andy

Postby TeaFanatic » Dec 6th, '06, 21:56

Awesome, I figured that either the demand went up or they got a higher quality long jing. I'm excited to buy a refill when I run out of the long jing that I already have!
TeaFanatic

Postby deadfingers » Dec 6th, '06, 23:03

TeaFanatic wrote:Awesome, I figured that either the demand went up or they got a higher quality long jing. I'm excited to buy a refill when I run out of the long jing that I already have!

Yeah I have yet to try the Dragon well I bought but I can see myself trying this new one out as well. :)
deadfingers

Postby TeaFanatic » Dec 9th, '06, 16:20

Dragon well is delicious, and in my opinion, the only other green tea that even comes close to it on adagio's website is green anji. I hope the new stock of dragonwell is just as good, and I'm sure that it is.
TeaFanatic

Postby MarshalN » Dec 15th, '06, 03:47

Dragonwell prices in China go anywhere from 50 RMB/500g (about 1.25 USD per 100g) to 5000RMB/500g (125 USD per 100g).... sooo it's entirely possible they got a different batch at a different price.

Or demand for the tea went up and they adjusted accordingly. Only they would know that though. :roll:
MarshalN

Instant Messenger

Permissions