My favorite Green Teas.

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 5th, '06, 23:18

My favorite Green Teas.

by cherryking » Dec 5th, '06, 23:18

Well, in China, the high-quality green tea's harvest time is from April to May, it does not include the harvest time of Jasmine Teas. so when April comes, I get many chances to taste Chinese Green Teas ( How lucky I am 8) )

My Favorite green tea is Tai Ping Hou Kui, and Long ching. They have fresh, sweety taste, and nutty aroma. That is great. oh, by the way, the color of liquid of them are very beautiful also. :P

Cheers.

Dec 6th, '06, 00:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 6th, '06, 00:18

...You certainly have a lot of company...I hear that Long Jing is the most popular tea in China...(I think you are in China). It also enjoys a strong loyal following here in the USA.

Tai Ping Hou Kui (TPHK) is not too well known here. I have had it when I can get it FRESH from a reliable vendor. I am currently enjoying Cha Wang TPHK...a very rare treat. The leaves are longer than typical TPHK, so I am experimenting with glass brewing this tea in a tall narrow glass that easily accomodates the leaves. I also think these leaves are great to watch as they brew.

What has amazed me the most with this particular selection is how many flavorful and aromatic infusions I am able to enjoy...more than any other Chinese green I have ever had. So although each session of this rather pricey tea costs around $2, each cup of this wonderful tea is a value at 30-40 cents.

+ Post Reply