The TriniTEAs have landed

If we've got something important to say, you'll hear it here first.

Dec 5th, '06, 12:33
Adagio

The TriniTEAs have landed

by ilya » Dec 5th, '06, 12:33

The TriniTEAs have just now been offloaded from the truck and are being packaged for FedEx shipment. We hope to get all of the east coast orders out the door today.

West coast orders are expected to be processed in the next 2 days.

Dec 5th, '06, 12:54

by Samovar » Dec 5th, '06, 12:54

All this excitement makes me want to order one!

Teatime

Dec 5th, '06, 12:59

by JamieMT » Dec 5th, '06, 12:59

Great news!! Thanks for the update! Hopefully I'll be enjoying mine early next week...can't wait! :)

Dec 5th, '06, 16:14

by TeaFanatic » Dec 5th, '06, 16:14

That's always good, for those who bought them, please keep us all updated on how you like them!
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Dec 6th, '06, 09:53

Woohoo!

by techburp » Dec 6th, '06, 09:53

Just got mine in!

BTW, there was a Jasmine Tea Anteadote in the box with it. I didn't order that, though. Is that a little gift or a mistake? Thanks!!

-Dan

Dec 6th, '06, 12:02

by Molly » Dec 6th, '06, 12:02

Mine was waiting for me when I got to work today too! I also got a bottle of the Jasmine Anteadote with my package.

It's not a mistake. Adagio, from time to time, will surprise their customers with little "extras" as a thank you and as a way of introducing folks to products in the hopes we will order them the next time.

It works too. Last order I got a sample tea bag of the Wuyi Oolong tucked in the box with one of the mugs I ordered....and it was fabulous! Makes me want to order it next time I buy tea.

I had to return one of the cups because it was cracked and received the replacement yesterday....and inside were more sample tea bags!! It is the little gestures like these that are just one of the many reasons Adagio will continue to get my business. They are really great at providing fantastic service and even better products!

Thanks Ilya, Amanda and Adagio! I can't wait to try my new samples!

Dec 6th, '06, 21:53

by stugel » Dec 6th, '06, 21:53

So how do you like the TriniTeas? I'm in the Midwest so mine won't get here until Friday or Saturday.

Did you notice they must have sold out already too? They put "unavailable until early 2007" on the page now.
https://www.adagio.com/teaware/triniTEA.html
I'm glad I ordered when I did, I just hope the machine satisfies.

So post some reviews here or in the review section. Cheers!

Dec 6th, '06, 22:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 6th, '06, 22:27

stugel wrote:So how do you like the TriniTeas? I'm in the Midwest so mine won't get here until Friday or Saturday.

Did you notice they must have sold out already too? They put "unavailable until early 2007" on the page now.
https://www.adagio.com/teaware/triniTEA.html
I'm glad I ordered when I did, I just hope the machine satisfies.

So post some reviews here or in the review section. Cheers!
Sorry Stugal...Amanda sold yours to me since I am in PA...lol... :twisted:

Dec 6th, '06, 23:37

by Molly » Dec 6th, '06, 23:37

I love it!

I'm the only loose tea drinker in my office of 5 (they are slaves to coffee) so I was so excited when I arrived at work this morning and found the box from FedEx.

I only managed to make one pot today though (a wonderful brew of the blood orange herbal)...but it was fabulous! It heated the water to the perfect temperature, steeped the tea just right and it was great to be able to have a second, third and fourth cup of tea kept ready and waiting on the warmer. If anything, I'll be going through my stash of tea in the office faster than before....which will be great for my taste buds and for Adagio's sales...but not so much for my wallet!! LOL

I also noticed that they were sold out already. Makes me very happy that I did not wait.
Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.

~Thich Nat Hahn~

Dec 7th, '06, 00:33

by deadfingers » Dec 7th, '06, 00:33

Molly wrote:Mine was waiting for me when I got to work today too! I also got a bottle of the Jasmine Anteadote with my package.

It's not a mistake. Adagio, from time to time, will surprise their customers with little "extras" as a thank you and as a way of introducing folks to products in the hopes we will order them the next time.

It works too. Last order I got a sample tea bag of the Wuyi Oolong tucked in the box with one of the mugs I ordered....and it was fabulous! Makes me want to order it next time I buy tea.

I had to return one of the cups because it was cracked and received the replacement yesterday....and inside were more sample tea bags!! It is the little gestures like these that are just one of the many reasons Adagio will continue to get my business. They are really great at providing fantastic service and even better products!

Thanks Ilya, Amanda and Adagio! I can't wait to try my new samples!
That's pretty awesome, I can only hope I find some "surprises" as well. Heck I'm overseas and I still ordered from them. :P :) 8)

Dec 7th, '06, 15:52

by techburp » Dec 7th, '06, 15:52

So far so good! I've had a few pots worth of tea from my triniTEA and haven't been disappointed at all.

So, here is some info for those who were unlucky enough to order late, or may still be deciding:

There are 3 controls on the unit, as pictured on the site, but what you can't see in the picture is what those controls do. One is the obligatory on/off switch. One is the temperature switch which reads I and II. I is warm (180 probably, though I haven't measured to see how accurate it is) and II is hot (boiling). The third control is a dial which lets you select the steeping time. It's analog and lets you select anywhere between 2 and 7 minutes. I timed it on 2 and 5 minutes and it seems to be accurate. Since it's analog it should allow for those who prefer 3 1/2 minutes for this tea, 5 3/4 for that tea, etc. I generally stick to 3, 5, and 7 but it's nice that it's flexible.

The controls are pretty simple and using the unit is a breeze. There are a few things I wouldn't mind being changed in another version of this, if that were ever to happen. None of these are deal-breakers. This is a very nice tea maker. I'll start with the more important things and work my way to "would be nice."
1. More control over the temperature. Not everyone steeps their tea at either 180 F or 212 F. For most teas, these are OK, but it would be nice to make this more variable.
2. Digital readout and entry for the steeping timer. I would like to know how much time is left while it's steeping. Also, even though the timing dial is pretty accurate, I'd rather enter time digitally (more like a microwave, less like an egg timer).
3. Make the infuser a bit larger. When making a tea that tends to expand a lot, the infuser seems a little small for the volume to which the tea wants to expand. The tea still has room, but it's more constrictive than something like the ingenuiTEA. I tend to make my tea a little strong, so other people may not experience this.
4. Make the beeping less annoying. Maybe it's me, but the beeping that lets you know when the triniTEA is about to do something or that your tea is ready, is a little to loud and annoying. It could just be me, though.

The only other thing, and it is probably just my unit, is that as soon as I put water in the reservoir, it slowly starts dripping into the steeping chamber. This happens even if the unit is off. It's only about a drop every two or three second, but I'd be willing to bet that it's not supposed to do that. Probably a bad valve or something. I'm not really worried, because by the time the water is ready, barely enough water has dripped down to cover the bottom of the steeping chamber, so this won't really affect my tea. The steeping chamber does not seem to have this problem (it doesn't drip into the carafe early).

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I'm really loving this tea maker and I hope you find this info helpful.

-Dan

Dec 7th, '06, 18:28

by rhpot1991 » Dec 7th, '06, 18:28

techburp wrote: The only other thing, and it is probably just my unit, is that as soon as I put water in the reservoir, it slowly starts dripping into the steeping chamber. This happens even if the unit is off. It's only about a drop every two or three second, but I'd be willing to bet that it's not supposed to do that. Probably a bad valve or something. I'm not really worried, because by the time the water is ready, barely enough water has dripped down to cover the bottom of the steeping chamber, so this won't really affect my tea. The steeping chamber does not seem to have this problem (it doesn't drip into the carafe early).
-Dan
I noticed this when I did my 2nd batch, pressed down on the seal in the top chamber and it stopped.

Dec 8th, '06, 15:05

by Molly » Dec 8th, '06, 15:05

Good to know, rhpot. Mine was leaking a little like that as well. I will give it a try when I get to work on Monday and see if it stops the leak.
Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.

~Thich Nat Hahn~

Dec 10th, '06, 01:54

by DavidH » Dec 10th, '06, 01:54

My old Krups Tea Time, which looks exactly like the new TriniTEA without the temp switch, did the same thing. When I pushed on the top while closing it, the pressure caused some water to flow into the steeper. It makes sense, the pot uses the water pressure to determine when the water is boiling and force it into the steeping container.
David

Dec 10th, '06, 05:05

by cleanerupper » Dec 10th, '06, 05:05

Got mine today, looks promising.

How many times should I clean this thing before using it?

Also, has anyone notices in the bottom of the water heating compartment, by the valve, it looks to be a orange/brownish color, similar to rust?

+ Post Reply