Benefits of black tea

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Oct 5th, '06, 08:06

Benefits of black tea

by Samovar » Oct 5th, '06, 08:06

We hear so much about the benefits of drinking green tea. I happened to find an interesting article on the benefits of drinking black tea in regards to reduction of stress.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5405686.stm

Teatime

(A loyal black tea drinker)

Oct 5th, '06, 11:19

by rhpot1991 » Oct 5th, '06, 11:19

I have seen many articles claiming that the benefits of all real tea is nearly the same. Some may have slighly more antioxidants, but in the end all tea comes from the same plant. The reason why there is so much more "green tea is good for you" stuff out there, is because many studies were originally done in Asia and green tea is much more dominant there.

Oct 5th, '06, 12:25

by xfxgeforced » Oct 5th, '06, 12:25

those were some interesting results they got. Since all these were regular tea drinkers and young males, and went through the same tests, it appears the only non-constant was the type of tea (fake or real) and it seemed kind of surprising how much the tea effected everyone. More incentive to brew some up ;)

Great post.

Oct 6th, '06, 09:43

by klemptor » Oct 6th, '06, 09:43

*guiltily puts down her cup of coffee....*
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Oct 6th, '06, 10:51

by Madam Potts » Oct 6th, '06, 10:51

I've heard that both coffee and tea have anti-oxidant properties. So I cover all bases and enjoy my one morning cup of coffee and then it's tea tea tea all day and into the night.
Madam Potts

Custom Tea Blends and other Mad Ideas...
www.madpotsoftea.com

Oct 6th, '06, 11:23

Re: Benefits of black tea

by karia » Oct 6th, '06, 11:23

Teatime wrote:We hear so much about the benefits of drinking green tea. I happened to find an interesting article on the benefits of drinking black tea in regards to reduction of stress.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5405686.stm

Teatime

(A loyal black tea drinker)
i fail to understand all this benefits of only green tea mess. its all the same plant, so there really is no reason why all types of tea cant share the same general benefit. :D

Dec 5th, '06, 22:48

Benefits of Black Teas.

by cherryking » Dec 5th, '06, 22:48

Drinking Black teas is good for our stomach, it is great choice in winter, it can warm our stomach.

Tea has the anti - oxidic contents, can to be used in Beauty Industry. :P

Dec 5th, '06, 23:12

by deadfingers » Dec 5th, '06, 23:12

I've read a few articles that said that drinking tea helps people relax and feel less stressed out and honestly I believe it. It really does work, I feel the best after/during when I drink tea than anything else. It's a unique feeling, it isn't like when you run and you get pumped up, or when you get really excited. It's more of a "euphoric relaxed" feeling. I love it, more reason to drink tea. 8) :)

Dec 6th, '06, 08:16

by Samovar » Dec 6th, '06, 08:16

Well said, deadfingers. That is exactly how I feel when I drink tea!

Teatime

Dec 6th, '06, 10:06

by diffuse » Dec 6th, '06, 10:06

i think part of the effect, when i feel relaxed after drinking tea, comes from when i can make it a ritual: ie. on a weekend morning, i'm in my bathrobe & pajamas, drinking tea & sitting on the couch reading something fun. when i drink it, bleary-eyed, in the morning @ work (especially when i'm drinking it in part b/c the office's heat isn't working again!!), it's not relaxing.

also, sometimes if i drink more black tea than i'm accustomed to (maybe a cup or two more) i get a bit jittery or my stomach hurts a bit (b/c of the caffeine, i assume).

i'm more inclined to believe that the ritual of drinking tea helps me, @ least, relax. ;)

Dec 6th, '06, 10:30

by Samovar » Dec 6th, '06, 10:30

The ritual of making tea is both relaxing and enjoyable. I use a samovar or an English tea set depending on the day and the mood.

I also have a tray with all my tea accessories.

Teatime

Dec 6th, '06, 11:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 6th, '06, 11:57

Teatime wrote:The ritual of making tea is both relaxing and enjoyable. I use a samovar or an English tea set depending on the day and the mood.

Teatime

For me it is the ritual that is most relaxing and enjoyable...we all have our own personal tea ceremonies whether we like to admit it or not. You almost have to in order to prevent TEA anarchy...unless perhaps you are into teabags.

But I love it when I am making tea all by myself with no distractions so I am focused on the ceremony/ritual...and what is to come, the tea...it is a quiet moment not to be bothered by stupid questions or small talk...like someone yelling "FIRE"... :wink: It is a moment where the world seems to pass by, while I am oblivious in "the TEAzone."

I often think I should make a t-shirt that boldly proclaims..."DO NOT DISTURB, I AM MAKING TEA!!!"

Then there are other times when I really enjoy drinking tea and socializing, I guess it just depends on the timing...

+ Post Reply