Re: Little Pig Hedge Apple Bowls

by Chip » Sep 21st, '09, 11:45

Littlepig2 wrote:Image
This one has found a home, so find your your own hedge apple "chawan!" :D

Sep 21st, '09, 12:12

Re: Little Pig Tea pots & Other addictions

by Tead Off » Sep 21st, '09, 12:12

Lil' Pig,

Knockout of a little cup. If you're the photographer, you should give some lessons to some of the potter/posters on this board. Crystal clear and able to see all the details. So important to get the depth into the items. Chip got a winner!

Sep 21st, '09, 12:50

by Littlepig2 » Sep 21st, '09, 12:50

Thank you Chip & Mrs Chip for the for the drop in and purchase. I am quite pleased and exited with these creatures and am happy to hear that others think so to. Also thanks, Tead, glad to hear that my photography is readable.
I post a couple more images from my flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlepigpottery/
There are two other Osage Orange/Hedge Apple bowls now at http://www.littlepigpottery.com/index.p ... f375c23e04 That is it for the bowls until others make it through the construction and firing process until November.

Sep 28th, '09, 22:42

Ba!

by Littlepig2 » Sep 28th, '09, 22:42

Ba! as in "ba, ba black sheep have you any wool?". . . my two sake sheep critters came out of the kiln today and No! No pictures today as both are to be re--fired. The black one leaks and the white one is. . .well just boring. I have nothing to lose and think I've no other choice but to send them back to the fire. My attitude is something akin to but not quite like "The beatings will stop once the morale improves!"

Sep 30th, '09, 13:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 30th, '09, 13:53

This "hedge apple" bowl arrived last week! Very cool! Love the feel and shape, and having these actually growing around here adds a connection.

Jean Ann placed the green one above on reserve for me, but it must be refired, crossing my fingers that it goes well, love the shade of green and the form!

Sep 30th, '09, 20:12

by Littlepig2 » Sep 30th, '09, 20:12

Woo hoo! Glad to hear your tea bowl arrived in good stead Chip & that you find its fit to the hand pleasing. The little green bowl will go through the fire again hmm. . .in a couple weeks along with a few others--some with shino skins among other glazes.

This time I must leave a picture with my post (so much more interesting) of my failed sake flasks both which are headed back to the kiln.

Sep 30th, '09, 21:46

by woozl » Sep 30th, '09, 21:46

Wowza, I luvz the cupz :!:

Sep 30th, '09, 22:14

by Smells_Familiar » Sep 30th, '09, 22:14

ya, those cups are very cool :P

Oct 19th, '09, 20:11

by Littlepig2 » Oct 19th, '09, 20:11

They are Ba aack!
Those little sheep flasks have gone through their second firing and I am much happier with them :D Image Ba ba black sheep is doing much better & his white and fluffy sister looks much better! Image I also have a few pairs of one ounce sake cups ready and I am quite liking them. Image I hope you do to. You can find more images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlepigpottery/. I have yet to post them as for sale on my web site. Stay tuned that should happen in the next day or so.

Oct 24th, '09, 18:53

by Littlepig2 » Oct 24th, '09, 18:53

I knew this might happen. That I would get enthused about those hedge apples and then feel compelled to make more molds--little ones and big. Of course the studio gang has noted this and keep supplying me with more. (The image just below is of two 1 ounce guinomi)
Image Their kindness, however, has not stopped me from going out and collecting my own and I must admit. I am quite tired of plaster and ready to be done with making molds of this years crop of osage oranges. :| I now just want to have my fun by making a few bowls and flasks from them. If you are interested you can find more hedge apple babies on my web page at http://www.littlepigpottery.com/product ... a9c2abd7c1
6 ounce tea bowl

Oct 26th, '09, 10:33

by Littlepig2 » Oct 26th, '09, 10:33

I had some unexpected fun with my tea bowls and camera yesterdayImageImage
especially when when I found the grape vine reflections in the tea. 8)
ImageImage

Oct 26th, '09, 10:57

by Mrs. Chip » Oct 26th, '09, 10:57

Littlepig2 wrote:I had some unexpected fun with my tea bowls and camera yesterday
Looks like you had lots of fun with your camera!

Wow, such lovelies and cutie patooties too! Great job ... and anxiously awaiting our new additions! :wink:

Oct 27th, '09, 09:38

by Littlepig2 » Oct 27th, '09, 09:38

Mrs. Chip wrote:
Littlepig2 wrote:I had some unexpected fun with my tea bowls and camera yesterday
Looks like you had lots of fun with your camera!

Wow, such lovelies and cutie patooties too! Great job ... and anxiously awaiting our new additions! :wink:
Thank you for the drop in Mrs Chip and for your support. Your new additions are in the mail today! :D Image

Nov 2nd, '09, 11:31

by Mrs. Chip » Nov 2nd, '09, 11:31

Littlepig2 wrote: Thank you for the drop in Mrs Chip and for your support. Your new additions are in the mail today! :D Image
Our new additions are now on the shelf and they are spectacular!!! A wonderful addition to our gyokuro cup selection! Thank you soooo much.

I am anxiously awating more newbies to choose from, after all December is holiday 'present' month, isn't it?

Nov 3rd, '09, 10:06

by Littlepig2 » Nov 3rd, '09, 10:06

Thank you for the drop by Mrs Chip. It is getting closer to Christmas and ah yes I am busy. . .I have several terracotta teacups and teapots fresh from the kiln but pictures will have to wait. Mean while I do have these little half ounce ones made from the image of hedge apples. Image They are the little gifts to be included with larger purchases from http://www.littlepigpottery.com/

+ Post Reply