Lengthen the Message Section for the $5 Gift Certificates

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Lengthen the Message Section for the $5 Gift Certificates

Postby heatwaves » Dec 4th, '06, 20:24

I want to send out a number of free $5 gift certificates to friends and family over the holiday season, but the character restrictions are so tight for the "personalized message" that my brief letter is continually cut in half. Isn't there any way to increase the amount we can write?

My brief 5-sentence message is less than 500 characters (including spaces) and yet your system only appears to allow less than 200 characters -- that's only about a sentence and a half.

I'm sure I can get conversions, but if I don't write them a brief, explanatory message they're going to be a bit confused.

Any help from Amanda or Ilia would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
heatwaves

Postby ilya » Dec 5th, '06, 02:45

The reason for the character length limitation is because of the design of the email we send. In order to increase the length, the email would need to be redesigned and pre-holiday season is no time to open that can of worms :)
ilya
Site Admin

Postby heatwaves » Dec 8th, '06, 04:22

Thanks Ilya. Sorry, wasn't trying to be a pain in the ass. I totally understand. I'll try to shorten my message. Due to the constraints, I only sent one email out, but I'm already 1-for-1 in conversions! Cool beans.
heatwaves

Instant Messenger

Permissions