UPS --> Bad news

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Oct 24th, '09, 14:29

UPS --> Bad news

by AlexZorach » Oct 24th, '09, 14:29

I ordered my first Adagio shipment and I was surprised that it was packed and shipped very promptly.

:-)

But it was shipped UPS and I've already had trouble with UPS delivering it. They attempted delivery over an hour after they were supposed to finish home deliveries by, and they did not leave a notice/slip. This is not the first problem I've had with UPS...since living in Delaware. They often refuse to drop leave at my home, even when I leave a note, saying they require a signature for packages that are not slated as requiring a signature.

There's not much recourse I have with UPS; in the past I've had packages returned to sender after 3 failed attempts--often because they do not leave noticies of failed delivery so I don't even find out what's going on unless I'm very aggressive about checking the tracking online. Their depot is far enough of a drive outside of town that it's simply not convenient for me to pick up the package at the depot myself...and right now I couldn't even do that if I wanted because they require a notice, which they didn't leave.

When I order something mail-order, I want it to arrive at my doorstep and I don't want to have to spend my time tracking the package and trying to set appointments to be home to sign for it and all that junk.

When I call their customer service, they don't seem to care about the troubles I am having receiving my package.

I'm just posting to let Adagio know that I would strongly prefer them to ship by USPS, and I would even be willing to pay a few extra dollars to do so for future shipments. USPS always leaves packages at my door, delivers in more predictable hours, and the post office is a modest walk from my house in case I need to pick a package up there. It just makes everything easier for me.

If Adagio is going to continue to use UPS and not give customers the choice of USPS, I would greatly appreciate it if they would put some pressure on UPS to at least live up to their official policies (i.e. leave a note if the delivery is missed, deliver within listed hours, and not require signatures for packages that do not require them)...after all, they were the ones who made the choice to use UPS, not me. And UPS never seems to listen to me because I'm not the one paying them!

Oct 26th, '09, 17:33

Re: UPS --> Bad news

by AlexZorach » Oct 26th, '09, 17:33

LOL it gets better. Today's tracking shows the new line:

Code: Select all

NEWARK, DE, US  	10/26/2009  	3:03 P.M.  	THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY
I am grateful that Adagio packed and shipped so promptly...it's not like it's too long to wait, but it's annoying that UPS said it was going to be here by Friday and yet they continue to fail to come through. This has been typical of my experience with UPS in Newark, DE.

Oct 26th, '09, 20:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » Oct 26th, '09, 20:32

I live a few miles from UPS in Newark, DE.
No complaints with shipments from Amazon, Adagio or anyone else.

Oct 26th, '09, 20:51
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 26th, '09, 20:51

Funny thing is, they used to use FedEx which was the pitz around here.

I was very glad to see the change over to UPS because they have always been awesome around here.

Oct 27th, '09, 18:48

by AlexZorach » Oct 27th, '09, 18:48

Well, I got the package.

:-)

Now I get to stop being grumpy and get my drink on...first tea Dancong Aria.

Oct 27th, '09, 22:25

by Kitch3ntools » Oct 27th, '09, 22:25

UPS is so so where i live. it all depends on the delivery person. ive had them deliver to house number 30 when im house number 20. im just glad they dont use FexEx! they without fail every time deliver to the house attached to us on the other side that has large numbers that say 18. usps delivers our regular mail here but packages to 18... oh the fun of trying to find your online orders!

Oct 27th, '09, 22:46

by RachelC » Oct 27th, '09, 22:46

UPS has been hit or miss where I live too. However, things have improved since our last complaint when a UPS employee got out of his truck and threw my package up a flight of concrete stairs in front of my house and hit my door. My husband and I both saw it all happen so we called right away and give them all the details of the event and info about the person that did it. Hasn't happened since. :)

Oct 29th, '09, 12:53

by Oolonga » Oct 29th, '09, 12:53

UPS are saints comparing to Fedex :lol:
I'm so glad Adagio finally switched.

+ Post Reply