What tea can do.....

For general/other topics related to tea.

Nov 9th, '09, 13:32

What tea can do.....

by chris&amy » Nov 9th, '09, 13:32

We have three kids and have always been close and and always seem to meet at the dinner table for family time and for everybody to vent about the days activities but we have realized that maybe we needed more time for each other than just the usual family meal or the family trips here and there. This is where it gets interesting , since we started brewing tea it has brought us together more than anything has in several years. We have such great times at night when mom brews the kids their favorite teas and we all gather around the tea pots for laughter and great conversation. It has become a ritual at night at our house. It is hard to believe that something so simple as brewing tea could do this for our family!

Chris

Nov 9th, '09, 13:44
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: What tea can do.....

by Victoria » Nov 9th, '09, 13:44

I think that is great, thanks for sharing. I'm sure your children will have fond memories and think back on these times often. :)

Nov 9th, '09, 16:48

by chris&amy » Nov 9th, '09, 16:48

Thanks Victoria! They have their own blends that they really like but when Mom is not working at night they always ask her to surprise us with something special! We are really trying to make memories because they grow up so fast! :D

Nov 9th, '09, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Nov 9th, '09, 20:52

Indeed. You're a good Dad.

Nov 10th, '09, 19:53

by chris&amy » Nov 10th, '09, 19:53

Well I try to be but there is always room for improvement for sure! :D

Dec 5th, '09, 23:29

by tatsumi09 » Dec 5th, '09, 23:29

It really put a smile on my face when I was reading your story. I'm really happy to hear what tea has done for you. It's also nice that your children are learning to enjoy tea, since it's something they can always keep and appreciate (as well as the added health benefits too!) :D

Dec 6th, '09, 09:31

by chris&amy » Dec 6th, '09, 09:31

Thanks Tatsumi! Yea it has been a great journey so far and hope it continues for years to come. The kids love all Green teas and Oolongs, and they have two favorite blends that they really like, Apple Lemon Pomegranate and Fruity Bomba. It really makes me happy that they put it on their Christmas list. :D

Chris

Sep 26th, '10, 17:06

by rabbit » Sep 26th, '10, 17:06

Just reading older posts... this one made me smile, hope you're family is still doing this! I believe "the leaf" had an article that recommended doing the same thing.

+ Post Reply