Blend Samples?

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

If there were sample-sized tins available would you be more inclined to try new blends?

Oh, definitely!
87%
Probably
9%
I'm happy with buying the larger tin, but if samples were available I might purchase them.
4%
I prefer the larger sized tins because: The samples are too small
No votes
I prefer the larger sized tins because: It's more convenient.
No votes
I don't really buy blends that often.
No votes

Total votes: 23

Nov 24th, '09, 14:17

Blend Samples?

by silverdoves » Nov 24th, '09, 14:17

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I can't help but think, every time I come to drool over all the blended choices, that I wish I could sample them. I've purchased the $10 tins of appx. 7 different blends and have loved 2-3 and have disliked at least 2 to the point that I have only had one cup. If it's a matter of cost perhaps you can choose 4 blends at a time? Similar to the sample packs offered for other teas? I'd love the chance to try many blends to see which I like before ordering larger quantities.

I also have seen a swap section? That might be helpful, but not ideal. Either way, I just thought I'd see what others thought of this. Does the price or lack of samples keep you from trying new blends that look interesting?

Nov 24th, '09, 14:25

Re: Blend Samples?

by silverdoves » Nov 24th, '09, 14:25

I also just saw the box pass thread? That is a great idea! It's a creative and exciting way to try new blends. I still think samples would be nice, but this is a great way to experiment with flavored teas.

Nov 24th, '09, 15:37

by Ebtoulson » Nov 24th, '09, 15:37

Yes this has been brought up several times..and from what I recall its not that price efficient. From my guess, someone would have to blend such a small amount (think of how many thousands of blends someone could choose from) and print out individual labels for every blend, the company would be losing money on it. They even used to sell sample blend packs for adagio TeaV's featured blends but that didn't work out either. I've participated in one of the signature blend box passes before and I must say that it was great experience to try all of the blends (from my guess there was probably around 30 when I got it).

Jan 6th, '10, 11:07

by TheTeaSpot » Jan 6th, '10, 11:07

I got a sample size tin of the Capricorn signature blend... haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to soon. :)

Question... I got a BUNCH of Adagio teas for Christmas... I would like to write reviews for these... is it only possible for me to do this on my Mom's account? (She got me the tea.)

Jan 6th, '10, 11:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » Jan 6th, '10, 11:20

TheTeaSpot wrote:I got a sample size tin of the Capricorn signature blend... haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to soon. :)

Question... I got a BUNCH of Adagio teas for Christmas... I would like to write reviews for these... is it only possible for me to do this on my Mom's account? (She got me the tea.)
You are correct, reviews can only be made from the account that ordered the teas. Oh, and you get 5 nifty frequent cup points per review (worth $0.50).

Jan 6th, '10, 13:10

by TheTeaSpot » Jan 6th, '10, 13:10

bsteele wrote:
TheTeaSpot wrote:I got a sample size tin of the Capricorn signature blend... haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to soon. :)

You are correct, reviews can only be made from the account that ordered the teas. Oh, and you get 5 nifty frequent cup points per review (worth $0.50).
Good to know, thanks!

+ Post Reply