Adagio shipping

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Nov 25th, '09, 15:41

Adagio shipping

by wcquigley » Nov 25th, '09, 15:41

One of the reasons I am a devoted Adagio customer is that their shipping has always been fantastic. I've always received my orders in one or 2 days with standard shipping.

That has changed of late and some orders are now being split or shipped entirely from the facilty in NJ.

SUP? That's a time difference up up to 7 to 10 days.

Nov 25th, '09, 18:34
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Adagio shipping

by Chip » Nov 25th, '09, 18:34

Hiya wcquigley,

I moved this to Adagio>Feedback where it will get better response, plus Adagio will hear your feedback.

Nov 25th, '09, 20:12

by Maitre_Tea » Nov 25th, '09, 20:12

I think it depends on what item you're ordering and whether the warehouse closest to you has it in stock. I recently ordering the tasting sets and they arrived next day...super fast. Some of the cups were damaged and the replacements had to be shipping from NJ. So I think it depends on if the stuff you want is in the nearest location

Nov 25th, '09, 21:09
Scrolling: fixed

by Intuit » Nov 25th, '09, 21:09

The majority of the US population lives east of the Mississippi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USA-2 ... ensity.gif

It makes sense, if your retail/wholesale firm is located in the NE but you are trying to facilitate delivery and decrease shipping costs to distantly located customers in the West, to have a Left Coast facility, but not a fully stocked one because of cost.

In a pennypinching economy with a perishable product, you decrease stocks stored as necessary to cut losses.

Don't whine. When I order ANYTHING from mid to central California, it takes a minimum of 8-10 days to arrive to my location in the PNW by UPS, but not USPS, just a hair shorter than if I order from the Right Coast!

Nov 25th, '09, 22:55

by Chip » Nov 25th, '09, 22:55

Intuit wrote:Don't whine.
I did not perceive the comments as whining.

But good to see you are on the case ... :lol:

I am in the next day delivery zone. :mrgreen:

Nov 25th, '09, 23:03

by RachelC » Nov 25th, '09, 23:03

Chip wrote:I am in the next day delivery zone. :mrgreen:
I am so impressed that you are in the next day delivery zone seeing as you are in a teacave atop a Mt.Fuji. Very cool! :lol:

Nov 25th, '09, 23:05

by Chip » Nov 25th, '09, 23:05

RachelC wrote:
Chip wrote:[I am in the next day delivery zone. :mrgreen:
I am so impressed that you are in the next delivery zone seeing as you are atop a Mt.Fuji. Very cool! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Air dropped via UPS ...

Nov 30th, '09, 16:27

by Oolonga » Nov 30th, '09, 16:27

I'm OK with Adagio shipping from the East coast but the thing that really makes me mad is seeing a promise like "Order in the next 2 hours to receive tomorrow" next to my shopping cart and then actually receiving my order in 8-10 days instead of tomorrow :evil:
I understand they can't know what exactly I'm gonna purchase but this message is misleading and should not be shown if they can't live up to this promise ...

Dec 3rd, '09, 16:39

by Starsky » Dec 3rd, '09, 16:39

I agree that the "order in the next "xx" hours to receive tomorrow" has to go.

Dec 24th, '09, 00:24
Adagio

by ilya » Dec 24th, '09, 00:24

Sorry it's taken so long to reply to this question. In most (~95%) of cases, the warehouse closest to the recipient is the one we ship from. However, there are times when one of the items that has been ordered is out of stock (usually in California). In these situations, we bounce the order to the other coast rather than ship the order with missing items. This normally happens when Adagio has introduced a new product (such as tasting sets), and has not filled the CA warehouse.

The situation should improve in the next few months once we transition to our new pouch containers.

Dec 25th, '09, 17:25

by boywoodhe » Dec 25th, '09, 17:25

When I order from adagio, I get my order in 4 to 5 days. If I want to get it faster and can't wait, then I order the 2 day shipping. 2 day shipping is only about $6 more from reg shipping. If I have to wait for up to 8 days or so to get my order...i will spend just a little bit more money to get my order in 2 days. I oder many things on the web and shipping can get very expensive for just 3-10 day standard shipping.
(to me it is worth it the extra money to get it sooner) :)
To me, adagio shipping is a bargin. :D

yours in tea
woodie

Dec 25th, '09, 17:31

by boywoodhe » Dec 25th, '09, 17:31

I am so impressed that you are in the next day delivery zone seeing as you are in a teacave atop a Mt.Fuji. Very cool! :lol:[/quote]

That is very funny Rach! :D
That comment made my day. :D
Happy Hollidays Rach.

hugs
woodie

+ Post Reply