Jul 15th, '05, 14:50
Location: Ed gets excited harvesting the first flush darjeeling.

Help me with my iced tea

by Saunka » Jul 15th, '05, 14:50

My wife and I have been having fun making tea with my ingenuiTEA so we picked up the Iced Tea starter kit. I didn't see any basic directions or ratios. Assuming that I'm filling the 32 oz ingenuiTEA to the top, please tell me:

1.) How much black tea should I add assuming I'm going to empty this into the included pitcher full of ice.

2.) How much green tea should I add assuming I'm going to empty this into the included pitcher full of ice.

3.) How long should each of these types of tea steep? 5 and 3 minutes respectively?

Thanks,
Wes

Jul 15th, '05, 15:33

by chris » Jul 15th, '05, 15:33

Thanks for the note.

Simply double the amount of tea leaves (making it two teaspoons per cup of water for black tea, 3 or so teaspoons for green), and steep as usual (five minutes - black, three minutes - green). Once tea is ready, dilute with an equal amount of cold water or ice.

Enjoy!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jul 17th, '05, 12:42
Location: Ed gets excited harvesting the first flush darjeeling.

by Saunka » Jul 17th, '05, 12:42

chris wrote:Thanks for the note.

Simply double the amount of tea leaves (making it two teaspoons per cup of water for black tea, 3 or so teaspoons for green), and steep as usual (five minutes - black, three minutes - green). Once tea is ready, dilute with an equal amount of cold water or ice.

Enjoy!

Chris
Adagio Maestro
Thanks for the response. Can you clarify one thing for me? Would that mean using 8 tsp for black and 12 tsp for green when using the larger ingenuiTEA filled to the top (seeing as that is 4 - 8oz cups)?

Thanks,
Wes

Jul 18th, '05, 10:49

by chris » Jul 18th, '05, 10:49

Thanks for the note.

You can probably get away with 6 for black and 10 for green/white, but that is indeed the general rule of thumb.

Cheers,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

+ Post Reply