Tea Pot Delima

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 24th, '06, 19:07

Tea Pot Delima

by kissmyhuman » Dec 24th, '06, 19:07

Now I brew green and other teas per cup with a diffuser ball. What are the flavor advantages to brewing teas in an Yi Xing tea pot? Or for a matter of convince what are the advantages/disadvantages between ceramic cups and glass?

I'd imagine it's not as big an aspect as the actual tea or water used, but opinions on this are welcome.

Dec 24th, '06, 22:17

by Warden Andy » Dec 24th, '06, 22:17

If you brew gongfu, yixing is definately the way to go, but it isn't really any better than porcelain for western brewing.

Since you said you brew green tea, you should consider getting a gaiwan. Yixing are good for teas that brew at high temperatures, but not for green tea which likes cooler water.
http://chineseteas101.com/large_gaiwan.htm You can brew the tea in the gaiwan, and drink directly from the gaiwan with the leaves in it, or you can pour it out. I usually brew and drink from the gaiwan because it's a really simple method, and makes a good cup of tea.

And no, it usually doesn't get bitter sitting in the gaiwan the entire time. If it becomes bitter, you either used too much leaves, or too hot of water.
Super elite tea facist....

+ Post Reply