can you re-use pyramid tea bags?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Dec 3rd, '09, 01:50

can you re-use pyramid tea bags?

by rasberrydelryum » Dec 3rd, '09, 01:50

Hello. I'm new here and I've been looking everywhere for information about tea and haven't been able to find an answer. My friend got me these pyramid teas called Timothy's White Chai in holiday flavors.

Now, what I was wondering is if it is okay to re-use the tea bags. The leaves look more like loose leaf tea than your typical mashup in a regular teabag, and it seems like such a waste to only use the bag once. And if they are re-usable, how do I store them between steepings? Do I leave them out over night and let them dry, or should I put the bag in a ziploc and keep it moist?

Sorry if these questions have been asked already, I just haven't been able to find an answer anywhere.

Dec 3rd, '09, 05:10
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: can you re-use pyramid tea bags?

by Victoria » Dec 3rd, '09, 05:10

There is no right answer to your question. You certainly "can" resteep if you want to. But it may not taste as good, it will definitely be different from the first. You will want to steep it longer and/or hotter.

As for keeping how to keep the bag, no right answer there either. It is all personal preference and what you feel comfortable with or what works out best. There is no need to try and dry it out. And I would not recommend a baggie. I guess if it were me I'd tie it off above the cup I just used (if there is a string) and then put it in a new cup in the morning.

I think you will find resteeping of bags is best done in the same day. You are not going to want to start your day with a weaker leftover brew.

+ Post Reply