The most you ever spent on tea?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Dec 4th, '09, 06:53

The most you ever spent on tea?

by tatsumi09 » Dec 4th, '09, 06:53

The world of tea is too beautiful. For more than a year I've been exploring that beautiful world. Exploring that world usually comes at a cost. Maybe you emptied your savings account, sold your house, worked 3 shifts just so you can get that amazing tea you've been looking for your entire life. As you drink that heavenly infusion sitting on a grass field, homeless with just the clothes on you, you feel the tea circulating through your body and you never felt happier in your life.

Alright, maybe you've never reached that extreme, but sometimes you pamper yourself and end up spending a little more than what you intended to do on tea and teaware. Sometimes mentioning the amount you spent on "50 grams" of tea to someone makes their eye pop-out, or maybe you have more Puer bricks than clothes (or for the ladies, shoes), and perhaps you have enough teapots to cover your entire floor.

I've just placed the largest order on tea I've ever done, and the rush was just amazing. Ofcourse what's expensive for some is cheap for others, especially since I know that the largest purchase ever in my life on tea is probably less than what some pay for a single teapot. I usually place orders of $50 to $100 every couple of months for tea. However, today I got a little too excited and broke my limit, placing an order of about $250 on a wide variety of mainly Puer (I finally decided to explore that area!), and a few oolongs, green tea and some relatively cheap teaware.

So, what's the most you ever spent on tea that made others think you need to see a doctor, and on what?

Dec 4th, '09, 09:37

Re: The most you ever spent on tea?

by coolate » Dec 4th, '09, 09:37

I love that look you get when you tell people what you spend on tea. But really per cup even the most expensive teas are relatively cheap. Compare getting the best tea to getting even a decent wine....
I spend about $100 every few months also, and drink ALOT of tea. The most expensive I think I have bought recently was $20 for 50g. Which is probably low to a lot of people on here... The accessories are what really add up for me too :)

Dec 4th, '09, 13:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 4th, '09, 13:32

I don't know what was the most expensive single tea I have purchased, but I have had combined orders of $250, yes.

Dec 4th, '09, 17:11

by chris&amy » Dec 4th, '09, 17:11

I am almost afraid to say.....We were talking the other day about how expensive our habit/hobby/enjoyment has cost us. We just shelled out another 300 this week. My family is number one priority and behind that is Tea and those two things I do not mind spending the money on.

Chris

Dec 19th, '09, 08:40

by dooble » Dec 19th, '09, 08:40

Wow, glad to see I'm not that big of a spender after all :).
The priciest single tea was 50 grams for 25€ in Madrid. Lovely tea though.
It's quite funny to speak of 'Just buying 30 grams of the finest white buds' with someone not related to tea, if you know what I mean :D.

Dec 19th, '09, 21:05

by JBaymore » Dec 19th, '09, 21:05

I've once had to get a mortgage on some matcha. :lol:

"Hi. My name is John, and I have a problem." 8)

best,

..................john

Dec 19th, '09, 22:46

by chris&amy » Dec 19th, '09, 22:46

We may not have any cash for anything else, but we are going to be drinking TEA! :lol:

Merry Christmas

Chris

+ Post Reply