Tea Spoons

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Tea Spoons

Postby Craig. » Jan 4th, '07, 13:37

No tea spoons for sale? For those of us who brew at the office having a dedicated (and designed accordingly) tea spoon is a must.
Craig.

Postby TeaFanatic » Jan 4th, '07, 14:00

Instead of a tea spoon, I would just recommend bringing a normal sized spoon from your house and using that. Tea spoons are typically accurate, but since tea can sometimes be bulky, it needs to lay flat to get an accurate measurement.

Instead of a tea spoon, I now use a scale to get a completely accurate measurement, since some teas weigh more, and thus should not follow the one teaspoon rule. It has worked well for me so far.
TeaFanatic

Postby teamuse » Jan 4th, '07, 19:07

i would also love a "teaspoon" to be offered. if it fit well into the sample tins even better as none of my spoons fit well.

i nicked my mom's gevalia coffee spoon and used it because I make about 2 1/2 cups at a time...then someone at my workplace nicked it from me :(
teamuse

Postby quantumturkey » Jan 4th, '07, 19:21

How does the design of a tea-spoon really differ though? Measuring tea by the spoon is imprescise anyway due to density variation, so any spoon and your eyeball is just as good.
quantumturkey

Postby Madam Potts » Jan 5th, '07, 13:03

Republic of Tea sells their own tea spoon:

http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/ ... ?navID=487

Madam Potts
www.madpotsoftea.com
No Method, only Madness
Madam Potts

Postby InfuseMe » Jan 5th, '07, 15:45

Teavana also sells their own tea spoon:

http://www.teavana.com/Teavana+Perfect+ ... uctDetails
InfuseMe

Postby teamuse » Jan 5th, '07, 16:41

nice links... but i want one that says adagio :wink:
teamuse

Postby adam » Jan 12th, '07, 09:33

i have a digital tea scale (that i got elsewhere) that, among other things, measures in "cupweight." so you know exactly the right amount -- i've found that actually doing 1 cpwt DOES make a great cup of tea.

the reason i went with the scale is that one measuring spoon full of silver needle is a WHOLE lot different than one measuring spoon full of, say, gunpowder. i wanted to be using the correct amount, without getting inaccurate simply because of "fluffiness." if that makes any sense.
adam

Postby Samovar » Jan 12th, '07, 13:48

I just ordered the digital tea scale from Upton Teas. I will add it to my functional collection of tea accessories.

Teatime
Samovar

Postby Chip » Jan 12th, '07, 14:07

Teatime wrote:I just ordered the digital tea scale from Upton Teas. I will add it to my functional collection of tea accessories.

Teatime

Digital scales are too cool 8) ...I got the UTI one over a year ago and it instantly improved my tea enjoyment more than anything else I had done in the last 7 years. FYI, rightonscales.com has some really nice pocket ones for about half the price. I will get one of those some day.

But I also have my fav teaspoon that I use every day, everytime I prepare tea. It is just an old silver long handled iced tea teaspoon...but my tea session always begins with it...if I don't have it...I look til I find it...period. Fortunately, I have 6, but amazingly I have not lost one yet.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Samovar » Jan 12th, '07, 14:15

I have found wonderful and functional tea accessories through the Adagio chat site.

It's good to hear about other people's experiences with these gadgets. It's also wonderful that all of us on this site can share tea experiences and information.

Teatime
Samovar

Postby Samovar » Jan 19th, '07, 12:39

I received the digital tea scale from Upton Teas. They forgot to include the calibration weight but it's now on its way.

I'll give it a try this weekend.

Teatime
Samovar

Postby Chip » Jan 19th, '07, 13:14

Teatime wrote:I received the digital tea scale from Upton Teas. They forgot to include the calibration weight but it's now on its way.

I'll give it a try this weekend.

Teatime

You can test it with a dime that will on average weigh 2.3 grams...use a "new" one...

Enjoy your scale!!!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Samovar » Jan 19th, '07, 13:23

Thanks, Chip. I'll give it a try!

Teatime
Samovar

Postby Chip » Jan 19th, '07, 13:35

Teatime wrote:Thanks, Chip. I'll give it a try!

Teatime

You are welcome. By the way, I have used mine on average 3-4 times per day for the last 13 months and it has never fallen out of calibration.

One recommendation though is to NEVER place leaves directly on the weighing surphase. Instead, place a small tray or a tin lid on the scale, tare it, and then place leaves in the tray or tin lid to weigh. If small leaf particles get under the weighing surphase of the scale, the weight will just "float" and you have to dislodge the particle(s) to get the scale to operate properly. Bottom line, you just do not want leaf particles to get under the scale's weighing surphase...period. This happened to me 2X and I was able to correct the problem.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions