Dec 17th, '09, 21:18

New Yixing Documentary

by Cha Nacho » Dec 17th, '09, 21:18

While browsing randomly on TeaChat, I found a link someone had posted to a documentary about Wuyi Rock Tea on the CCTV web site. So I checked it out, and while there I did a simple search on 'Tea' and found there were many other interesting documentarys and clips on tea and tea culture. Truly an great resource for anyone interested in learning more about Chinese tea culture.

Heres a link to a new doc on Yixing tea pots:

http://english.cctv.com/program/e_docum ... 0840.shtml

It looks at the history, appeal, production and lists some of the master potters. Its fairly basic but interesting nonetheless :)

If anyone knows of any other good tea documentaries please share them!

Dec 18th, '09, 13:51

Re: New Yixing Documentary

by teaisme » Dec 18th, '09, 13:51

funny I did the exact same thing as you
Those docs on wuyi tea are great too, nice scenery and lots of chinese cultural tea imagery.
Found it interesting how they started teaching classes on Wuyi teas and DHP tea in 2009 to preserve the knowledge/heritage to younger generations. Wish I could be a part of that.
frugality, cleanliness, peace, and quite.... yes sir !

Dec 18th, '09, 16:29

Re: New Yixing Documentary

by Cha Nacho » Dec 18th, '09, 16:29

After finding the site I was so excited with the search results I didn't even watch the Wuyi Docs! I went straight to the Yixing one. I definitely will watch them all though when I have a bit more time. That sounds awesome about the classes they are teaching. Interesting that as times are changing maybe the younger generations in China are less interested in tea and traditions, meanwhile in the west it is slowly growing in popularity and interest.

+ Post Reply