Jan 9th, '07, 21:00

is it ok to use this?

by guitarfreak2641 » Jan 9th, '07, 21:00

iv been using a coffee press thing to make my tea. the kind were you put the tea in the pot and pour the hot water over it,let it sit for however long you want it, then push the filter over it and pour it into your cup. I was wondering if this was ok to use this to make tea with loose tea or if I should buy a good tea kettle.

Jan 9th, '07, 21:18

by quantumturkey » Jan 9th, '07, 21:18

It is of course just fine to make your tea using a press of that sort, but bear in mind that if the water is still circulating around the tea it may become bitter before you drink it. (though honestly, whatever tastes the best to you IS the best way) A good teapot is a fine idea, you might also look into the ingenuitea http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTE ... 03aadd625e as well. It makes brewing the tea very easy (so long as you only want one or 2 cups) and won't have any penchant for holding flavors so long as you rinse it well and wash it occasionally. But above all, remember, try the proper way if you like, but EXPERIMENT, as what tastes best to me might not to you. If you brew "properly" and dont like the taste, but happen to love tea steeped for exorbant amounts of time, go for it!

Jan 9th, '07, 23:23
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: is it ok to use this?

by Chip » Jan 9th, '07, 23:23

guitarfreak2641 wrote:iv been using a coffee press thing to make my tea. the kind were you put the tea in the pot and pour the hot water over it,let it sit for however long you want it, then push the filter over it and pour it into your cup. I was wondering if this was ok to use this to make tea with loose tea or if I should buy a good tea kettle.
I still use coffee/tea presses that I have had for years...but I do not depress the plunger...kinda like squeezing the teabag after brewing...a no no...

I simply pour with the plunger up and it works fine. I use this for only certain green teas...I would think it may cool too quickly for blacks and oolongs.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply