I don't hate it...
46%
Christine threatened to break my legs if I ever bought tea from there
6%

Total votes: 83

Nov 14th, '09, 06:32

Re:

by reincarnate » Nov 14th, '09, 06:32

Space Samurai wrote:I don't hate them, I probably wouldn't shop there, but I don't hate them. I believe there is to much hate in the world, so I force myself to limit my hating of others. I am on a hate diet, if you will, and I reserve all of it, at least tea speaking, for Republic of tea.

CURTIS! :evil:
Yeah, really. It's not worth hating them. You can just not buy from them, but that hardly means you hate them

Dec 9th, '09, 14:54

Re: I know it seems like the hip thing to do, hate on Teavana...

by Beav58 » Dec 9th, '09, 14:54

See, I don't hate them, I think it just depends on which store you go into and what your tastes in tea are. I have had some bad experiences and others have been good. My biggest complaint is the pricing and the sales pitches. I love to go into Teavana and order the cups of tea. I am actually to the point I have tried about two thirds of the selection in the store. But it helps that the people at the store I go to have gotten to know me better and they do not try to sell me tea in the way that they tried to in the beginning.

My worst experiences cannot compare to some a read, as they are mostly rude employees that either try to oversell or do not like the fact that I rarely buy any loose leaf tea. Usually, it is just the number of times they ask you to buy the most expensive tea or to make a tea blend with the herbals or Rooibos prepared drinks. At one point, it had frustrated me so much, I had boycotted Tevana for a few months. Unfortunately though, there aren't any other tea stores with the same level of quality and variety that are nearby, so I went back eventually.

Some of Teavana's policies do seem a bit strange. Let's say you walk into a store, you can buy 2 oz. of tea, but you have to either use one of the canisters (which are now 9 oz or larger at $6 or more) or you have to use a paper bag. The tea shouldn't be stored in the paper bag, so it leaves you with very few options to store it properly. However, you purchase the same 2 oz. of tea online, and it it comes in a resealable solid bag. It begs the question, if you are planning on purchasing more than $50 worth, why buy in store, when you buy online and don't have to worry about any storage containers for the same price? I have gotten to the point that unless I am buying larger quantities of my favorite teas, I just purchase everything online.

To focus on some positives, I have also have some good experiences including people who have given me a free tea on occasion... usually if I stopped by twice in a day. I really appreciate that. As well as some very nice employees that don't go overboard with a bunch sales pitches. Its gotten to the point that I like some of the employees so much, I refuse to buy any loose leaf tea when they aren't around to get the sale.

Bottom line, I have noticed that not all stores are terrible. In fact, there are a few good ones, but are usually located in high traffic areas, like popular malls, especially those in upper-class areas. Teavana isn't bad, but it really isn't a class act either. They are just another company who's mission is sales above all else.

Dec 22nd, '09, 01:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by TeaMonster » Dec 22nd, '09, 01:37

I don't HATE teavana, it's my only option that I know of (or knew of, after searching the forum) for loose leaf teas. B/c Christmas is coming up, I just asked from my parents 4 Oz of Sour Cherry Serenade and 2 Oz of the Twilight Night Night tisane, or something like that. I also got the Perfect Tea Maker. I hope I like this tea, before reading the forum, I was sure teavana was the best. But for fruity flavors, teavana looks like the best. :?

I got the above all online, and after my reading, I think If I plan on spending more than ten dollars worth I will stick with the online store, simply because of teavana throwing in stuff, they cannot do that online.

Recently, I went to an actual Teavana location, because I know my friend loves teavana. Because Sour Cherry Serenade looks like the best "beginner tea" I got some for my friend, even though she is somewhat experienced, I guess. When ringing me up, the lady at the front counter said something like "Does your friend have a tin for this blend of tea?" and I said no, so she said "Oh, well I'll just give you a tin for that." That tin was like eight dollars, and I only got two ounces. That was my only fault for teavana. The sampler teas were delicious

I would really love help from anyone, I have no idea what I'm doing, "adagio" teas look good, just not so description in depth as teavana, that has nothing to do with the tea, I just want to be satisfied with what I spend my money on.

Cheers,
MonsterTea(Evan)

Dec 22nd, '09, 17:21

by TeaMonster » Dec 22nd, '09, 17:21

tomasini wrote: I know, this may not be the case in your area, but my Teavana people here in the ATL kick ass.
God Bless'em.
Except for the whole tin incident, I like my store too(At Perimeter Mall). Just too many people browsing for my taste, I want to be alone, and ask for help on my own.

Dec 22nd, '09, 18:11

by Victoria » Dec 22nd, '09, 18:11

TeaMonster wrote:I would really love help from anyone, I have no idea what I'm doing, "adagio" teas look good, just not so description in depth as teavana, that has nothing to do with the tea, I just want to be satisfied with what I spend my money on.
On the Adagio site, if you don't find the descriptions to be enough, try reading the reviews. You can get a lot of information about the tea there.
Also sorting by rating at the tab of the tea type group page. You can instantly see what is most popular, then read the reviews.

Dec 22nd, '09, 18:40

by TeaMonster » Dec 22nd, '09, 18:40

Victoria wrote: On the Adagio site, if you don't find the descriptions to be enough, try reading the reviews. You can get a lot of information about the tea there.
Also sorting by rating at the tab of the tea type group page. You can instantly see what is most popular, then read the reviews.
Thanks so much! I'll check it out. Teavana reviews are what lead me to Sour Cherry Serenade. 8)

Dec 25th, '09, 22:07

by tenuki » Dec 25th, '09, 22:07

I can't choose just one reason. lol.

Dec 26th, '09, 20:05

by TubbyCow » Dec 26th, '09, 20:05

I don't literally hate them, and I'm sure if I had one in the area, I'd buy the occasional blend. It's just that there are about 124809 other vendors I'd rather buy from online first. Probably mostly because of Teavana's high-ish prices, since I'm endlessly cheap and all.

Oct 29th, '10, 12:13

by teawestpalm » Oct 29th, '10, 12:13

Tevana is outragiously expensive and does not disclose how much you are spending and then insults you when spending over $100.00 on 2 bags of tea. I will never buy anything else from this store ever- The sales practices are pushy and the product is way overpriced. I guess the corporate culture is a one hit per customer - get them to spend as much as possible. This is not a place people will return to because it make no sense - there are so many teas available - that are cheaper and better - hey i guess what do you want from the local Mall - quality and good prices. Run the other way when you see Tevana - hope corporate gets the messge but it is too late for me.

Nov 20th, '10, 08:25

by Jennifer7385 » Nov 20th, '10, 08:25

Teavana robbed me blind too! I too walked out spending over $90.00 for tea!!! I paid $10.00 for a tin and didn't even know it! I asked for 1lb of tea and was purposely given a few points extra that I of course paid for. Stupidly I went back to the store to purhcase a tea maker that strains the loose tea leaves since I was unable to find one anywhere else. I even purchased the rock sugar since my tasted NOTHING like the one I sampled originally in the store. Teavana is one of the best scams out there. It traps thirsty tired shoppers into being revitalized by tasting their tea. Whoever came up with this idea is an amazing person. After reading the previous posts I can not belive how many people have been scammed by this company. Of course the receipt says "no refunds" Then why didn;t they tell me to bring the tea back if I should have any problems?? What a scam!!!!

Nov 28th, '10, 17:39

by fracol » Nov 28th, '10, 17:39

As far as teavana goes, I will admit I owe them everything!!! :oops: As much as I hate their extreme teapot prices I can't complain since they gave me a cast Iron one free! They said it had a slight discoloration, to this day I can't see any difference. The one thing I sololy hate about it though is that they never tell you where the tea is from. Like wow ya it's from China, amazing care to elaborate. How do I know if I am paying 18 bucks for a decent silver needle from fujian or just a cheap one from Yunnan???

+ Post Reply