Sample Tea Tins Suggestion

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Sample Tea Tins Suggestion

Postby RachelC » Nov 10th, '09, 23:32

No biggy but is there anyway to design the sample tea tins so that they are better for stacking? Although I can stack them they easily teeter and then eventually fall with the slightest distrubance. Just wondering if it is possible or if this is a issue others are having too?
RachelC

Re: Sample Tea Tins Suggestion

Postby JillDragon » Nov 11th, '09, 02:12

That's a really neat idea; the lid could be designed to fit in place with the bottom of the tin on top. :idea:
JillDragon

Postby Ebtoulson » Nov 11th, '09, 18:03

+1
Ebtoulson

Postby Maliase » Nov 13th, '09, 15:18

agree (1)
Maliase

Postby martin64 » Dec 3rd, '09, 19:13

I totally agree! I just received my first order of 7 tins and couldn't believe that they wouldn't stack :(. However, they arrived in less than a week and the Citron Green was wonderful!
martin64

Postby bsteele » Dec 4th, '09, 01:27

Stacking would be nice.

I wonder how many tins they have waiting to be filled with goodness? And if they did decide to make a change, I wonder how long it would take to cycle through that inventory-- assuming they waited to deplete the supply of old tins first. Hmmmmmmmmm
bsteele

Postby marlena » Dec 7th, '09, 21:04

Yes please, all of your tins made stackable. Especially the sample tins.
marlena

Postby keensense » Dec 28th, '09, 20:17

This is a great idea! My counter would definitely appreciate it, especially the sampler tins.

I also wonder if there is some kind of recycling program available - like we can send in our tins for a discount or to get refilled. I'm finding uses for some of the old tins, but I just thought it might be a nice way to save. :)
keensense

Location: North Potomac, MD (but my heart belongs in San Diego)

Postby ilya » Dec 29th, '09, 15:20

The recycling idea is one we have given thought to in the past, but shipping empty sample tins across the country never made sense from an economic, nor environmental position.

As for the stacking suggestion, we hope to transition from tins to pouches in the next several months, so unfortunately, a redesign of the sample tins is not in the cards.
ilya
Site Admin

Postby geeber1 » Dec 29th, '09, 15:27

What??? I LOVE the tins! Why are you changing to pouches?
geeber1

Postby Victoria » Dec 29th, '09, 15:38

Well I guess it's going to be a 50/50 thing, because I hate the tins and love pouches. Less shipping weight too. And if Adagio would carry a nice line of canisters for sale, they could turn a nice profit there too.
Victoria

Postby Geekgirl » Dec 29th, '09, 15:40

Victoria wrote:Well I guess it's going to be a 50/50 thing, because I hate the tins and love pouches. Less shipping weight too. And if Adagio would carry a nice line of canisters for sale, they could turn a nice profit there too.

Agree. Those tins weigh more than you'd think.
Geekgirl

Postby TubbyCow » Dec 29th, '09, 19:51

ilya wrote:we hope to transition from tins to pouches in the next several months

Ah, thank goodness. I loved the small tins at first, but once you get a few dozen on hand, it'd be nice to just get some bags that you can throw away with little to no guilt. Or stack quietly in a small corner.
TubbyCow

Postby geeber1 » Dec 29th, '09, 23:21

keensense wrote:This is a great idea! My counter would definitely appreciate it, especially the sampler tins.

I also wonder if there is some kind of recycling program available - like we can send in our tins for a discount or to get refilled. I'm finding uses for some of the old tins, but I just thought it might be a nice way to save. :)

If you have ordered tins other than sample size or signature blends, you can go to your account and under 'My Orders Summary' click Reorder & Refill. If the tea is available, you can order a Refill and they will send it in a sealed bag instead of a tin. It's also a little bit cheaper than reordering a tin.
geeber1

Postby keensense » Dec 30th, '09, 19:10

geeber1 wrote:
keensense wrote:This is a great idea! My counter would definitely appreciate it, especially the sampler tins.

If you have ordered tins other than sample size or signature blends, you can go to your account and under 'My Orders Summary' click Reorder & Refill. If the tea is available, you can order a Refill and they will send it in a sealed bag instead of a tin. It's also a little bit cheaper than reordering a tin.

Ooh, thanks for the tip! :D
keensense

Location: North Potomac, MD (but my heart belongs in San Diego)

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions