Decaf Tea?????

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Jul 10th, '05, 13:01

Decaf Tea?????

by Michelle » Jul 10th, '05, 13:01

Is there any chance Adagio is going to be able to get decaf teas? Many of the ones I usually order are no longer available!!! I never shop anywhere else for tea and do not wish to, but I've been waiting months for the decaf Celyon and now a few others of my favorites are unavailable :(

Jul 21st, '05, 11:48

by chris » Jul 21st, '05, 11:48

Thanks for the note.

We have not discontinued the decafs (as many folks have thought!)..... we've been having problems finding a new provider that is the same quality as our last (who has stopped producing).

In the mean time, there is an easy way for someone to "make your own" decaf tea at home. Just brew a cup as normal, leaving the leaves in the hot water for about 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes. Then drain the tea leaves and rebrew.... The caffeine content is almost completely lost with the first brewing (in fact, just as much caffeine is equal to any commercial decaf!).

Please let us know how else we may help. Will gladly,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

PS...Apologies for the delay in answering this-- we were working to get a more concrete answer for you!

Jul 21st, '05, 17:17

by PeteVu » Jul 21st, '05, 17:17

after i learned that tip from this forum i tried it and now i drink tea in bed while catching my favorite show almost every night! definately works.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

+ Post Reply