Sample Tea Tins Suggestion

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Re: Sample Tea Tins Suggestion

Postby Symmetry » Dec 30th, '09, 21:04

That "refill" tip is something I didn't know about. Thanks!

I do agree with the stacking tins suggestion, though. It'd make it easier to store the many varieties of tea some people keep on hand.
Symmetry

Postby RachelC » Dec 30th, '09, 21:56

ilya wrote:The recycling idea is one we have given thought to in the past, but shipping empty sample tins across the country never made sense from an economic, nor environmental position.

As for the stacking suggestion, we hope to transition from tins to pouches in the next several months, so unfortunately, a redesign of the sample tins is not in the cards.

Is the change only applying to the sample tins or are all tins out in place of pouches? Also is there a picture available on what the pouches look like yet?

Thanks,
Rachel :)
RachelC

Postby marlena » Jan 1st, '10, 16:09

I know there are spice and cookery companies - like King Arthur Baking Company that sell jars where the top fits securely in the bottom of the next jar up. it should not be difficult for the current tin manufacturer to redesign the tops so they could do the same in the tines.
marlena

Postby cls46 » Jan 2nd, '10, 12:35

I am concerned about the pouches. :( Will they keep the tea as fresh?
cls46

Postby Victoria » Jan 2nd, '10, 13:37

Seems to me they would work better, since you can expel the air.
Victoria

Postby cls46 » Jan 2nd, '10, 16:45

Oh maybe I am just confused :oops: I always thought that tea would go "stale" if it wasn't in an airtight container.
cls46

Postby GongFu » Jan 5th, '10, 14:52

It would be nice if Adagio would sell empty canisters. I re-use some, but I'm afraid to re-use a Casablanca Twist container for Pu-Erh or white for example.
GongFu

Postby Jasmin » Jan 6th, '10, 09:54

Good point. Every day I get annoyed at this. Replacing the sample tins with pouches seems like a good idea. I hate getting tea out of the tiny tins, I always make a mess.
But the bigger tins should be stackable. I do stack them, but it's not sturdy. Every single time I get out a tin, they all fall and I have to restack.
I guess I could buy some, but I like the adagio ones and why waste them?
Jasmin

Postby marlena » Jan 8th, '10, 16:58

THIS JUST IN
I just got some tea from the Tea Spot in Colorado and their tins stack beautifully! The bottoms are recessed to fit the tops and it works really well! Woohoo!
marlena

Postby LooseSeal » Jan 10th, '10, 21:49

Well, this won't be of use to anyone once the tins are phased out, but my roommates and I have had great success sticking lengths of magnetic tape (about half an inch wide) to a small area of wall under the kitchen cupboards. The tins adhere nicely to it. A magnetic knife holder would probably also work well but would be more expensive.

I guess we'll have to start saving tins to reuse so we can keep sticking samples to our wall :)
LooseSeal

Postby bsteele » Jan 10th, '10, 23:35

GongFu wrote:It would be nice if Adagio would sell empty canisters. I re-use some, but I'm afraid to re-use a Casablanca Twist container for Pu-Erh or white for example.

Definitely could go for some nice air-tight canisters... and gaiwans. You listening Adagio... canisters... gaiwans... snuggies.

Figured I'd throw the last one in there... you never know, it could happen.

LooseSeal wrote:Well, this won't be of use to anyone once the tins are phased out, but my roommates and I have had great success sticking lengths of magnetic tape (about half an inch wide) to a small area of wall under the kitchen cupboards.

That's brilliant. I don't know why I never thought to do that since I have magnetic spice tins... makes total sense *doh*
bsteele

Postby kymidwife » Jan 10th, '10, 23:46

Beware of the magnetic strip method. I'm not sure why it didn't work well for me. I was excited about it, having many sample tins to organize. I got the strips applied to the inside of my pantry door... affixed the tins to the strips... and within an hour, at least 50% of the tins had fallen from the strips, into the floor, spilling a fair amount of tea in the process. I dismantled the whole setup immediately... what a mess.

Sarah
kymidwife

Postby bsteele » Jan 10th, '10, 23:51

kymidwife wrote:Beware of the magnetic strip method. I'm not sure why it didn't work well for me. I was excited about it, having many sample tins to organize. I got the strips applied to the inside of my pantry door... affixed the tins to the strips... and within an hour, at least 50% of the tins had fallen from the strips, into the floor, spilling a fair amount of tea in the process. I dismantled the whole setup immediately... what a mess.

Sarah

:shock:

So it was the magnet that failed, not the adhesive?
bsteele

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions