Jan 17th, '07, 18:35

TriniTEA woes

by pr0crast » Jan 17th, '07, 18:35

I got my brand new TriniTEA in the mail today and was all excited to try it out. After following the directions and filling up the top compartment with water, I plugged in the device, set the timer and temperature, and flicked the red ON switch.

But the water WILL NOT heat up in the top compartment! The bottom compartment with the tea pot is heated as it should be, and the red light is on, so I know the unit is powered correctly...

Anybody have a solution? I was very frustrated to find out that Adagio.com does not have a phone number.

Jan 17th, '07, 19:17

by guitarfreak2641 » Jan 17th, '07, 19:17

it seems that there are a lot of problems with this product. i was thinking about geting one, but i have seen a lot of people with this same problem. im not sure how to fix that but i hope u get it working.

Jan 17th, '07, 20:11

by marsbike » Jan 17th, '07, 20:11

if there is too much water, it will not work. Besides that, I love mine.

Jan 17th, '07, 22:27

by pr0crast » Jan 17th, '07, 22:27

marsbike wrote:if there is too much water, it will not work. Besides that, I love mine.
Even only half full with water, I can't get it to work.

Jan 17th, '07, 22:59

by muchoftea » Jan 17th, '07, 22:59

return it fast.

Jan 18th, '07, 22:52

by TeaFanatic » Jan 18th, '07, 22:52

guitarfreak2641 wrote:it seems that there are a lot of problems with this product. i was thinking about geting one, but i have seen a lot of people with this same problem. im not sure how to fix that but i hope u get it working.
I really doubt that you can use a message board as a judge for how many of the triniteas are not working, because people would normally come here to voice complaints rather than compliments, and a very small proportion of the adagio community is represented here.

Anyway, I would talk to adagio, and not this message board, hit them up with an email at info@adagio.com
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Oct 12th, '07, 11:13

TriniTEA woes

by jpetty421 » Oct 12th, '07, 11:13

That's surprising to me that a small percentage of this forum are not Adagio customers, since the Adagio teas banner/hotlink is at the top of every page (it seems like they host the forum?)...I am very new to tea (like they said, once you try a nice looseleaf tea you'll be hooked, and it is much better to have 6 cups a day while studying than 3 cups of coffee), so I went ahead and bought a triniTEA as kind of a way to brew tea and not mess it up myself, and it is very convenient, and very easy to use...but I don't know how accurate it is...my green tea seems to taste funny, like bitter after tastes and such. I ordered a Zojirushi that will be here on Monday or Tuesday and maybe that will make all the difference. If most people here love fancy loose leaf tea but only a small percentage shop at Adagio, WHERE ARE THE LARGE PERCENTAGE GETTING THEIR TEA FROM??[/i]

Oct 12th, '07, 13:23

by Mary R » Oct 12th, '07, 13:23

Oh, I'd bet most people posting on this forum have bought from Adagio at least once or twice. They have good, honest products, after all.

I do think that most Adagio customers have also tried other online tea companies too. Some of the more popular ones are Dragonwater, the Tao of Tea, and Rishi. For über-pedigreed teas, one might try O-Cha and Hibiki-an for Japanese greens and TeaSpring, Jing Tea, and Hou De for Chinese teas. Indian teas are a bit tricker as it seems that the tea garden itself becomes the defining class factor, but Lochan carries several nice varieties from good gardens.

+ Post Reply