my first blend: Strawberry Frost

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Jan 8th, '10, 17:40

my first blend: Strawberry Frost

by teabunnie » Jan 8th, '10, 17:40

I made my first blend in an attempt to put a spin on a white strawberry tea I really liked. Strawberry Frost is predominantly a white tea (50% snowbud) with wild strawberry (30%) and a little vanilla oolong (20%) to sweeten things. My order came in today, and I immediately tried out the blend. The smell of the tea in the canister and in the cup is exactly what I was going for: light, a little sweet, and lots of strawberry goodness. As for the flavor... I don't think I had enough tea leaves in the infuser basket, and I don't think 5 min. was quite long enough. The white tea was never meant to be a strong player in flavor; just a nice, light base on which to operate. I expected the wild strawberry to take charge in that respect. The vanilla oolong was definitely there in the smell, but I couldn't taste it at all. A little more experimenting is needed before I mess with the blend itself. I will add more tea and steep longer next time.

Jan 9th, '10, 11:47

Re: my first blend: Strawberry Frost

by teabunnie » Jan 9th, '10, 11:47

5 min. wasn't long enough, and 7 might be a little too long. The strawberry was a little bitter after 7 min., but that may have been the white tea biting back. Still can't taste the vanilla oolong, but the smell is definitely there. I may have to play with the percentages.

On the plus side, my boyfriend likes this tea just the way it is. I may keep it this way for him and do a different blend for myself. Maybe just a nice strawberry vanilla oolong without the white tea.

Kinda wish oolong came in more flavors. I occasionally wonder how chocolate oolong would taste.

Jan 10th, '10, 15:24

by teabunnie » Jan 10th, '10, 15:24

Day 3 drinking this stuff: 5 min. is confirmed as the best steep time, the second infusion is all water, and honey is the answer to all of my flavor problems.

Yay for honey!

Jan 11th, '10, 13:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » Jan 11th, '10, 13:47

Hmmm sounds like an interesting blend-- especially the vanilla oolong. So it really only seems to add an aroma aspect but you can't really distinguish the flavor?

You could totally do the strawberry + vanilla oolong + chocolate oolong

Jan 16th, '10, 16:54

by teabunnie » Jan 16th, '10, 16:54

But first I would have to find chocolate oolong. You wouldn't happen to know where I could find some, would you?

Jan 16th, '10, 18:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » Jan 16th, '10, 18:20

teabunnie wrote:But first I would have to find chocolate oolong. You wouldn't happen to know where I could find some, would you?
No idea :? Perhaps a chocolate black instead?

+ Post Reply