coffee flavored tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Jun 7th, '05, 16:04
Mod/Admin

coffee flavored tea

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 16:04

I am looking for a gift for a special friend of mine. An old japanese woman once gave her 4 tea bags in a baggie and said try this...good tea..she loved it and described the tea as a coffee flavored grainy type tea. HELP!!! does nayone have any ideas what this type of tea may have been or better question..where do i find it???

Dee Osborn

Jun 24th, '05, 01:54

by Daniel S » Jun 24th, '05, 01:54

I'm not aware of any coffee-flavored tea. The closest things I can think of based on your description are either Hojicha or Gunpowder, which are both listed under the green teas. Hojicha is roasted tea leaves; has a roasty smell similar to roasted coffee beans, although it tastes more like roasted chestnuts than anything. The Gunpowder is very smokey tasting and looks like pellets of gunpowder before brewed. Not sure if that helps but good luck.

EDIT - if you search for "coffee flavored tea" you might find some places that sell tea with added coffee flavors. Maybe that's what she had?

Jun 24th, '05, 09:53

by chris » Jun 24th, '05, 09:53

Thanks for the post.

I actually toyed with the idea of a coffee flavored black tea, but couldn't get over the horrible taste!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jun 24th, '05, 16:21

by Marlene » Jun 24th, '05, 16:21

Coffee flavored tea? What's the point? Why not drink coffee. If you're worried about caffene, drink de-caf. I like to keep my tea tea flavored and my coffee coffee flavored.
Coffee flavored tea, weird.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jul 16th, '05, 01:13

by PeteVu » Jul 16th, '05, 01:13

i find that idea kind of interesting. I like coffee flavored things like tirimisu or coffee ice cream, even though i hardly ever enjoy a cup of coffee.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Jul 16th, '05, 13:46

by Marlene » Jul 16th, '05, 13:46

Why not have watermellon flavored apples? I love watermellons, but i'm allergic. I often have watermellon flavored gum, but why not figure out some way to flavor apples, then flavor them with watermellon?
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jul 21st, '05, 18:40

by PeteVu » Jul 21st, '05, 18:40

tea is actually something that can be flavored. with flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and even christmas, i dont see why coffee flavored is so "out there." Considering things like coffee flavored ice cream and cake, i think coffee has proven itself as a flavor aswell as a drink.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Jul 22nd, '05, 07:44

by Mike B » Jul 22nd, '05, 07:44

I love watermellons, but i'm allergic.
For serious? I mean, not to make light of your medical condition -- but that's the weirdest food allergy I've heard (at least since I got out of bed 43 minutes ago).

Watermelon? Huh. No joke...

Jul 25th, '05, 20:27

by Marlene » Jul 25th, '05, 20:27

For serious. It realy sucks in the summer. It's actually all mellons, but watermellon I miss the most.
-Billy Connolly

Jul 25th, '05, 21:12

by Mike B » Jul 25th, '05, 21:12

Cantaloupe -- or the fruit spawned from the rancid loins of Satan as it's known around the Mike B household -- gives me the galloping willies*.

If at any point Adagio teas et al feel I've over-stayed my welcome, all it need do is make a cantaloupe-flavored tea and I'll see myself out. I can't abide the stuff.

* After re-reading my post, it occurred to me that "galloping willies" sounds a lot like I'm trying to come up with some cutesy code for diarrhea. Which I'm not. The less said about any of our gastrointestinal distresses the better, is all I'm saying.

Oh, and Bonnie Raitt's Sweet Forgiveness (c. 1977) is a pretty kickass album. In case you were curious.

Aug 23rd, '05, 17:39

by heathenesque » Aug 23rd, '05, 17:39

Not quite the same thing, but I know that in Hong Kong, they drink a mixture tea and coffee - black tea, coffee, some milk and a couple of teaspoons of sugar. It's actually not as bad as it sounds :wink:
I am in no way interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea. Lu Tung

Aug 24th, '05, 00:53

by Marlene » Aug 24th, '05, 00:53

I've expressed my feelings about coffee flavored tea, and used a fruit analogy, but you'll never belive what I saw at the grocery store...grape flavored apples. Why spend 6 dollars for 4 apples when you can get grapes for 75 cents a pound?
-Billy Connolly

Aug 24th, '05, 09:23

by teaspoon » Aug 24th, '05, 09:23

Marlene wrote:I've expressed my feelings about coffee flavored tea, and used a fruit analogy, but you'll never belive what I saw at the grocery store...grape flavored apples. Why spend 6 dollars for 4 apples when you can get grapes for 75 cents a pound?
Wow. That is sick and wrong. *shudder*

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Aug 24th, '05, 09:26

by Mike B » Aug 24th, '05, 09:26

Why spend 6 dollars for 4 apples when you can get grapes for 75 cents a pound?
What magical land do you live in, and how many unicorns does it take to get there? The cheapest I've ever seen grapes in my world of delicious is $1.69 a pound.

$0.75? Dammit.

+ Post Reply