Dec 9th, '09, 01:17

do all teachat mods work at adagio?

by LaybackPandas » Dec 9th, '09, 01:17

or are they just mods here?

Dec 9th, '09, 02:00
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: do all teachat mods work at adagio?

by Chip » Dec 9th, '09, 02:00

I was nominated and then elected by the membership of TeaChat. I have no other ties to Adagio except that I happen to moderate the forum that they own.

Xine on the other hand is employed by Adagio and is an appointed Moderator by Adagio ... more like relegated duty.

There are also Admins who are affiliated with Adagio, including Ilya and Michael.

Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate

Dec 12th, '09, 21:53

by edkrueger » Dec 12th, '09, 21:53

I didn't vote for you...

Dec 13th, '09, 00:38

by Chip » Dec 13th, '09, 00:38

:lol:

Bean Sprout, you were not even a member then.

Dec 13th, '09, 05:35

by JBaymore » Dec 13th, '09, 05:35

Chip wrote::lol:

Wouldn't that be "tea sprout"? :wink:

best,

............john

Dec 18th, '09, 01:49

by edkrueger » Dec 18th, '09, 01:49

Chip wrote::lol:

This sounds suspiciously like a social contract...

Dec 18th, '09, 02:05

by Chip » Dec 18th, '09, 02:05

:?

Jan 5th, '10, 05:07

by LaybackPandas » Jan 5th, '10, 05:07

how can i become a mod?

Jan 5th, '10, 10:09

by Chip » Jan 5th, '10, 10:09

There are currently no mod positions open.

If there was a position open, you would need to be nominated by the members. Then an election is held among the candidates and the members elect a mod.

Jan 5th, '10, 21:27
Scrolling: fixed

by TomVerlain » Jan 5th, '10, 21:27

LaybackPandas wrote:how can i become a mod?

Drive a vespa scooter while wearing an old army jacket, and then wrap yourself in a big union jack after being up all night listening to the "High Numbers" 45, "I'm The Face"

Jan 8th, '10, 03:34

by betta » Jan 8th, '10, 03:34

TomVerlain wrote:
LaybackPandas wrote:how can i become a mod?

Drive a vespa scooter while wearing an old army jacket, and then wrap yourself in a big union jack after being up all night listening to the "High Numbers" 45, "I'm The Face"
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jan 13th, '10, 20:59

by bsquared » Jan 13th, '10, 20:59

I just joined tonight. I haven't read all of the postings yet, but what I have read does sound like a large % of you work for or are affiliated with Adagio. If Tevana (?) is so bad, I will need an alternative source. Have to say I'm not thrilled with the thought of paying shipping to get tea.

While I have you - what tea has the most caffeine? Thinking about replacing coffee.

Thank you.

Jan 13th, '10, 21:11

by pb2q » Jan 13th, '10, 21:11

bsquared wrote:but what I have read does sound like a large % of you work for or are affiliated with Adagio
I'll hazard a guess that this is not at all the case. Even the mod(s) seem to be only affiliated in that they are frequent users of this board and/or customers. Some adagio employees also seem to be a part of the community but comprise a small % of it.

Jan 13th, '10, 21:18

by Chip » Jan 13th, '10, 21:18

bsquared wrote:I just joined tonight. I haven't read all of the postings yet, but what I have read does sound like a large % of you work for or are affiliated with Adagio. If Tevana (?) is so bad, I will need an alternative source. Have to say I'm not thrilled with the thought of paying shipping to get tea.

While I have you - what tea has the most caffeine? Thinking about replacing coffee.
Welcome to TeaChat.

While there are a few members who do work for Adagio (there are actually more members who either work for or are affiliated with OTHER tea vendors), if you are reading outside of the Adagio category reserved for Adagio near the top of the forum, I would venture an educated guess (I read virtually every post as forum Moderator) that the "large %" is considerably less than 1% of all posts on the balance of the forum. And as far as I know, I am the only other "affiliated" member ... though I would like to believe I am 99.9% objective.

Since Teavana is generally very expensive mall tea, you are paying a very significant portion of the tea price in overhead ... and their tea is simply generally more expensive though of lesser quality and value than many online vendors.

In fact, their affiliate online store, SpecialTeas is much cheaper. So, you can pay a small shipping fee (sometime free) or a large overhead fee built in.

Jan 13th, '10, 22:03

by LauraW » Jan 13th, '10, 22:03

Chip wrote:Since Teavana is generally very expensive mall tea, you are paying a very significant portion of the tea price in overhead ... and their tea is simply generally more expensive though of lesser quality and value than many online vendors.
Completely agree here, Chip. Teavana has higher prices and while yes, you don't pay for shipping, you have to pay for gas to get to their store, and can't get a bunch of customer reviews of the tea (although you do actually get to smell it, which is nice). I've had good success with Adagio so far - haven't gotten anything I haven't liked, and is well priced for what you get.

As for caffeinated tea, yerba mate is generally recognized as highest caffeine, but from what I understand, caffeine content comes not just from general type (i.e. green, black), but from a variety of factors. But someone else is going to have to help me out on this one, because I'm not positive on that.

+ Post Reply