Upton "Official" Black Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 18th, '10, 12:07
Scrolling: scrolling

Upton "Official" Black Tea Topic

by Chip » Jan 18th, '10, 12:07

Upton Tea was nominated and confirmed for our TeaVendor Guide under the Black Tea category. If you would like to nominate them to other categories, you may do this, otherwise limit discussion to their Black Tea offerings. Thank you! :D

NEW! Official Black Tea Vendor Guide for Uptontea.com
Consider this a perennial topic for Black teas from UptonTea to discuss and review.

http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/toc.as ... hild=Black

Official Black Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view the main Black TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11933 and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Jan 18th, '10, 12:59

Re: Upton "Official" Black Tea Topic

by geeber1 » Jan 18th, '10, 12:59

Is there any way the TeaVendor Guide can be split into black, green, etc, categories? Right now there are lots of Japanese Green vendors, a couple blacks mixed in. It might be frustrating to scroll through a lot of vendors to find, for example, oolongs, among all the other listings.

Just a thought! :D

Jan 18th, '10, 13:16

by Chip » Jan 18th, '10, 13:16

:D Hopefully all the black topics will be posted today. Then the oolong, other greens, pu-erh, etc.

This is one reason why there is a Black Tea Vendor Guide/subject that will have all the vendors and links to their topics.

Unfortunately, there are pros and cons to each method that was considered.

Ultimately, it was decided one topic per vendor regardless how many types of tea they were nominated for. So, had Upton received a nom also for Oolong, the Oolong Tea Vendor Guide would have linked to the same Upton topic as the Black. Therefore it is not possible to split them up.

Give it time, I hope it will become clearer. There just was no one solution that fixed all the possible scenarios.

There will always be the general tea type guides at the top, sort of a table of contents or index for each type along with a direct link to each topic. :D

Jan 19th, '10, 17:48

by geeber1 » Jan 19th, '10, 17:48

I think I caused some confusion because I didn't realize I was asking the question under the Upton topic. I was talking about the TeaVendor thread in general. :oops:

I'm confused because I don't see the separate listings for Black, etc. With them all lumped into one topic it's going to be several pages to click through.

I was imagining something like:

NEW! The TeaVendor Guide
followed by:

Official Black TeaVendors (and then the black tea vendor listings under this topic)

Official Oolong TeaVendors (with oolong tea vendors under this topic)

and so on.

Jan 19th, '10, 19:05

by Chip » Jan 19th, '10, 19:05

That was considered, but ultimately it was decided one topic per vendor. I was personally leaning towards the multiple topics for vendors nominated to multiple categories.

As long as you remember the "stickied" guides will act as a directory or index, I think it will work out.

I will likely move these posts to the announcement topic where they will be more at home. :D

Jun 10th, '10, 20:51

by nickE » Jun 10th, '10, 20:51

Thought I'd review this vendor, as it's one of my favorites.

Upton has a massive selection of tea and great customer service, too. They are rightly known for having a great selection of black teas such as Darjeeling, Ceylon, and Assam, among many. I've found their black teas to be spectacular. They have many single-estate teas and also lower quality blends which are still good for the money.

Add to this the fact that you can get a 12g sample of any of their offerings and they ship from the states (I usually pay under $5) and you have a great vendor here!

+ Post Reply