Yerba Mate Dark Roast review

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Jan 19th, '10, 06:53

Yerba Mate Dark Roast review

by Sententia » Jan 19th, '10, 06:53

I'm a Yerba Addict, a tea and herb enthusiast. This is my second Yerba Mate that I'm trying, it's a blend with Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Roasted Barley, Roasted Carob, and Roasted Chicory all organic. The smell doesn't appease me, but by the look of it I get a homey feel. Like the feeling I'd get sitting in a log cabin, in front of a fire place. The color is a brownish red orange.. sortof reminding me of waffles, syrup with the smell. I've prepared a bagel to go with this new tea. After taking my first sip I can really taste the blend. It doesn't taste that amazing like Yerba Mate Fresh Green, but I get a nature feel to it. What comes to mind is tree bark, not enough Yerba. The taste doesn't linger in my mouth and I'm not too impressed with the tea. I don't feel the effects like I would with Fresh Green though I do feel something. My bagel fits good with this tea, I can see myself having Dark Roast with my breakfest in the morning depending on what it is. Overall I would rate this tea 2.5 stars out of 5. It's a bit pricey for 20 bags, I would buy again but maybe only once a year. It's a tea that I can only see myself making to coincide with another similar taste.