Getting to be a problem

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Getting to be a problem

Postby maxman » Jan 29th, '07, 21:01

I started ordering jasmine tea from Adiago after I moved away from my local Oriental store. Whenever I placed an order I would try a sample of something different. I tried Yunnan Jig and Gold. I liked them better and no longer ordered the jasmine. Then I tried Silver Needles and quit ordering the Yunnan teas. I recently tried a sample of Pu erh Dante and just that small $2 sample has got me hooked. Next I'll be ordering a supply of it.
Where will this end?
maxman

Postby Mary R » Jan 29th, '07, 22:44

:lol:
In my first post here, I made a joke about needing a new dealer for a favorite tea of mine for which Adagio offers no equivalent.

Shoot, ain't no joke now. Adagio's my new dealer...and he's a drug bully too. Now I've gone from drinking strictly China blacks and flavored blacks to Indian Assams and Darjeelings. Then the world of oolongs and whites opened up...oh, lordy. If I get hooked on pu'erh, I think I'll qualify for a tea snob membership badge.

There's worse addictions and hobbies to have. I'm looking forward to the crazy trip.
Mary R

Postby Space Samurai » Jan 30th, '07, 00:45

I have to pace myself. I'm waiting to finish assembling my gong fu tea ware before I delve any further into puerh, then I'll wait till next year before I start mucking about with oolongs.
Space Samurai

Tools for the trade

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 30th, '07, 00:56

spacesamurai wrote:I have to pace myself. I'm waiting to finish assembling my gong fu tea ware before I delve any further into puerh, then I'll wait till next year before I start mucking about with oolongs.

What do you have for your chado thus far? I will be posting pics of my equipment soon on my teablog. Would love to see what you have!! :D
Last edited by hop_goblin on Jan 30th, '07, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
hop_goblin

Postby Space Samurai » Jan 30th, '07, 01:15

This is all my tea ware so far. I am purchasing a yixing teapot, teacups, and a presentation vessel from the imperial tea court to go with the sharing pitcher in the center of the picture.
Space Samurai

Nice getup!

Postby hop_goblin » Jan 30th, '07, 01:26

spacesamurai wrote:Image

This is all my tea ware so far. I am purchasing a yixing teapot, teacups, and a presentation vessel from the imperial tea court to go with the sharing pitcher in the center of the picture.

Very nice. If you are intersted in seeing what I have I will have my pics up by the end of the week. I take it you make a lot of Sencha or Japanese teas? I have bought most of my Gongfu cha-ware on ebay. Great stuff and reasonably price.

my blog is http://ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com/
I know shamless huh! :lol: Just started 4 days ago. I dont have a lot of time as of yet to add more stuff like my new pu-erhs and reviews and such until hopefully this weekend. Im in grad school and work a crap load so no time for extra stuff! Anyhow, keep me posted on and develpments. I love gongfu ware!!! Ciao
hop_goblin

Postby Space Samurai » Jan 30th, '07, 01:45

I'm just now getting into green tea, and I tend to prefer Chinese teas, but I did fall head over heals for Tokoname pottery.
Space Samurai

Postby Chip » Jan 30th, '07, 02:15

spacesamurai wrote:I'm just now getting into green tea, and I tend to prefer Chinese teas, but I did fall head over heals for Tokoname pottery.

You just need to try some quality sencha to go with your tokoname ware... :wink:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Instant Messenger

Permissions