Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jan 22nd, '10, 08:37

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by cindyt » Jan 22nd, '10, 08:37

Tead Off wrote: Why can't you order directly from them? Even ask what and where the tea comes from.
I don't think they ship oversea. So far the only way to buy their tea (that I know of) is at one of their shops in Taiwan. I would love to know if this is not the case!

The tea is from Nantou. According to the info I found, it is from a farmer who exclusively provide tea to them and the tea is baked by Wang De Chuan.

Jan 22nd, '10, 11:36

by Tead Off » Jan 22nd, '10, 11:36

cindyt wrote:
Tead Off wrote: Why can't you order directly from them? Even ask what and where the tea comes from.
I don't think they ship oversea. So far the only way to buy their tea (that I know of) is at one of their shops in Taiwan. I would love to know if this is not the case!

The tea is from Nantou. According to the info I found, it is from a farmer who exclusively provide tea to them and the tea is baked by Wang De Chuan.
Try calling or emailing them. It's worth a shot.

Jan 23rd, '10, 10:20

by BrewRat » Jan 23rd, '10, 10:20

I am drinking a Oolong Darjeeling right now (sampler pack from Adagio) and I like it very much. I am new to teas in general and Oolongs in particular, so I am trying to get a feeling for what I might like.

Bill

Jan 23rd, '10, 13:00
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 23rd, '10, 13:00

I am drinking Qian Li Xiang (thousand mile fragrance) from Tead off. It's a great tea that can last a whole day of drinking. I didn't see this tea often even in China's market, and most of the time when I saw it in China, it was light roast. But this one is heavy roast after some resting, starting with warm floral fragrant and ending with strong throat feeling. Many thanks to Tead off! I feel very luck to have it :D

And I want to mention the cute paper pack. It's the traditional way of packing tea, not commonly seen anymore. I admired it for quite a while before opening it :D

Jan 23rd, '10, 13:11

by brad4419 » Jan 23rd, '10, 13:11

gingko wrote:I am drinking Qian Li Xiang (thousand mile fragrance) from Tead off. It's a great tea that can last a whole day of drinking. I didn't see this tea often even in China's market, and most of the time when I saw it in China, it was light roast. But this one is heavy roast after some resting, starting with warm floral fragrant and ending with strong throat feeling. Many thanks to Tead off! I feel very luck to have it :D

And I want to mention the cute paper pack. It's the traditional way of packing tea, not commonly seen anymore. I admired it for quite a while before opening it :D

Gingko that cute paper pack looks very familiar :wink:

Its a good thing Tead Off didn't tell me what was inside before it was shipped :lol:

Seasonal da hong pao is my oolong of the day. very tastey!

Jan 23rd, '10, 14:31

by wyardley » Jan 23rd, '10, 14:31

gingko wrote:I am drinking Qian Li Xiang (thousand mile fragrance) from Tead off. It's a great tea that can last a whole day of drinking. I didn't see this tea often even in China's market, and most of the time when I saw it in China, it was light roast. But this one is heavy roast after some resting, starting with warm floral fragrant and ending with strong throat feeling. Many thanks to Tead off! I feel very luck to have it :D
Jealous, and love the old style paper packaging. I've had a couple of Qian Li Xiangs - one a smaller-leaf high-fire one from Best Tea House (HK / Canada), and one a light - medium fire one from a factory in Wuyishan. Haven't drank the former in a while, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit.

Jan 24th, '10, 00:57

by Tead Off » Jan 24th, '10, 00:57

Maybe I should open a little online Qian Li Xiang outlet. :D Very happy to hear you are enjoying the tea. Happy to be able to buy it locally here in BKK.

Jan 24th, '10, 13:45
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 24th, '10, 13:45

brad4419, thank you very much too for handling this for me :D

Tead off, I wonder what other rare varietals are in your favorite 90 year old tea store!

Last time I saw a book written by Luo Shengcai (a Wuyi expert, I have a tea made by him which is great), with summaries of most Wuyi varietals (70 or so). I may get it later (hesitated because it's quite expensive for its size, probably due to small number of copies published). My first thought was, wouldn't it be painful to know these many varietals just within Wuyi, since many of them would be hard to get :P

Jan 24th, '10, 22:13

by Tead Off » Jan 24th, '10, 22:13

It seems the major choices here are Wuyi teas, mainly Da Hong Pao. The Chao Zhou people here seem crazy about these teas but I've yet to taste a really high quality DHP here. I do have some leads that I will be checking out with my new tea brother here, Mz5, that could be interesting. Many hidden places in Chinatown. Methinks there are no good DHP's except very high end ones. Most of it isn't very good, IMO. They probably shouldn't even call it Rock tea.

The 90 year old seller also has a Shui Xian that they roast themselves, I believe. All their teas are heavy roasted but the SX has some interesting flavors not found in DHP. Down the street there is a Rou Gui worthy of a bag but more expensive than all the others. I will keep you up to date as to what I find.

Jan 25th, '10, 00:10

by trent » Jan 25th, '10, 00:10

Tead Off wrote:Maybe I should open a little online Qian Li Xiang outlet
I would definitely buy some... in my opinion, yancha > all other tea

Jan 26th, '10, 08:45

by spittingoutteeth » Jan 26th, '10, 08:45

2009 Late Winter Dong Pian from Zhu Shan. Very, very light and subtle oolong. A very nice everyday tea--high quality and not too demanding.

http://teamasters.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... -shan.html

Jan 28th, '10, 10:54

by brad4419 » Jan 28th, '10, 10:54

xiao hong pao from jingteashop. Its definatly worth trying if you like DHP. Its similar to there seasonal DHP but with more complexity and hints of honey and nutty taste in the back. It smell delicious too :!:

Jan 28th, '10, 11:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jan 28th, '10, 11:24

Just opened up a fresh pack of LiShan form Floating Leaves Tea.
Yum!

Jan 28th, '10, 22:39

by debunix » Jan 28th, '10, 22:39

Ali Shan High Mountain Summer Beauty from Norbu. Not as amazingly sweet as the spring harvested version, but still a gorgeous lightly oxidized oolong tea.

Jan 29th, '10, 15:36

by tenuki » Jan 29th, '10, 15:36

Pinglin Bao Zhong 1983 from camellia-sinensis.com drunk grandpa style, most delicious.

+ Post Reply