Where are the gaiwan?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Should Adagio sell Gaiwan?

Yes!
79%
Depends on the price...
9%
No!
7%
What's a gaiwan?
5%

Total votes : 57

Re: Where are the gaiwan?

Postby teacast » Jan 29th, '10, 12:57

I think that at least ONE gaiwan should be sold on Adagio. As I got more and more into Tea (I started w/ Adagio IngenuiTEA variety pack) I bought more accessories, such as a Matcha kit and a tea tasting set. I think a gaiwan would be a good "evolutionary" step for Adagio!
teacast

Postby Victoria » Jan 29th, '10, 13:07

Well we have been asking for them for 3 years. I know glass ones would sell and be in line with their other glass offerings.
Victoria

Postby Ebtoulson » Jan 29th, '10, 14:50

I'd say yes..but I think their tasting set is their version of a gaiwan. At first I thought it was a tasting and aroma cup but there's a lid to one of them. I haven't seen besides the picture on their website but it looks like a lidded "cup" and its 5oz.
Ebtoulson

Postby Victoria » Jan 29th, '10, 15:12

Well you could look at it that way. But I don't know anyone who uses a tasting set as a daily brewing vessel. And those were added to the line up when the hot topic was the tasting comparison program. Which sadly, never happened.
Victoria

Postby bsteele » Jan 29th, '10, 15:24

Victoria wrote:...And those were added to the line up when the hot topic was the tasting comparison program. Which sadly, never happened.

I had to do some digging to see 'whatchu talkin bout' since this was before my time :)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6630

Uh, that looked like an awesome idea. I think it would be pretty cool to really get it going but at the same time... Chip's been pretty busy rockin it with the new additions to TC.

Those are some sexy tasting vessels, though.
bsteele

Postby kymidwife » Jan 29th, '10, 15:24

If Adagio ever does finally decide to offer a gaiwan in their teawares section, I'd love to see Zack demo how to use a gaiwan for brewing in one of the TeaV episodes... would be nice to see him showing alittle "how-to" in addition to the tasting. New tea drinkers may be intimidated by brewing, and would benefit from seeing the simplicity of a "regular guy" using something like a gaiwan.

Sarah
kymidwife

Postby Victoria » Jan 29th, '10, 15:52

That's a good idea Sarah!
Victoria

Postby LauraW » Jan 29th, '10, 16:33

kymidwife wrote:If Adagio ever does finally decide to offer a gaiwan in their teawares section, I'd love to see Zack demo how to use a gaiwan for brewing in one of the TeaV episodes... would be nice to see him showing alittle "how-to" in addition to the tasting. New tea drinkers may be intimidated by brewing, and would benefit from seeing the simplicity of a "regular guy" using something like a gaiwan.

Sarah

+1
Along with maybe a brief overview on history, recommended tea types to use with it (although I use it for pretty much everything...). Great idea!
LauraW

Postby kymidwife » Jan 29th, '10, 18:20

And.... put a link to Zack's how-to-use-a-gaiwan video on the gaiwan purchase page!

Hope someone is listening to these dazzling and free-of-charge marketing consultant recommendations. ;)

Sarah
kymidwife

Postby Dresden » Jan 29th, '10, 19:17

kymidwife wrote:Zack's how-to-use-a-gaiwan video

Where do I find this?
Dresden

Postby bsteele » Jan 29th, '10, 19:40

Dresden wrote:
kymidwife wrote:Zack's how-to-use-a-gaiwan video

Where do I find this?