Adagio TeaV episode 56: Goodnight Delight

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Feb 1st, '10, 15:53
Adagio

Adagio TeaV episode 56: Goodnight Delight

by ilya » Feb 1st, '10, 15:53

Time heals all wounds and our beloved Zack is no longer angered by past football losses. Watch as he reviews Goodnight Delight by Rebecca Yannotti with a more open mind.

Feb 1st, '10, 16:28
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Adagio TeaV episode 56: Goodnight Delight

by bsteele » Feb 1st, '10, 16:28

That frozen yogurt stuff is all the rage these days.

Feb 1st, '10, 17:43

by beckynoel » Feb 1st, '10, 17:43

So I was a little surprised to see that Zack reviewed my "Goodnight Delight" blend this week. I'm surprised because he had done an earlier review of a blend I made called "Vanilla Sleeptime", which was almost an identical blend. I remade it into "Goodnight Delight" because the original name sounded too much like a Celestial Seasonings blend and Adagio had to remove it from their site.

The reviews of the two teas are almost identical, probably because the teas are identical. He didn't LOVE it the first time, and the next time around was no different. He probably could have saved himself from being underwhelmed a second time if the connection had been made.

I haven't tried either blend, so I will just have to take his word on it.

Feb 1st, '10, 21:02

by Ebtoulson » Feb 1st, '10, 21:02

at least we know hes consistent with what he likes :D

I should really create a blend for the show..got one in mind but I'm just too busy

Feb 1st, '10, 21:44

by LauraW » Feb 1st, '10, 21:44

Ebtoulson wrote:I should really create a blend for the show..got one in mind but I'm just too busy
I've got a couple I'm proud of - one needs a bit of tweaking now that I've actually tried it - but (excuse my ignorance) how does one go about getting a blend featured? Anything special I need to do?

Feb 2nd, '10, 10:00

by RachelC » Feb 2nd, '10, 10:00

LauraW wrote: I've got a couple I'm proud of - one needs a bit of tweaking now that I've actually tried it - but (excuse my ignorance) how does one go about getting a blend featured? Anything special I need to do?
Good question Laura, I have asked the same question but the answer I got was that the art work on the label must be attractive, the blend will be tasted by someone to judge if it should be featured. Obviously an employee at Adagio. However, I typically only see a specific number of people make the list and a few times I have seem them featured only hours after they have been created. I can't imagine anyone made the blend tasted and featured it that quick. I feel as if the system automatically puts blends up under the featured section for certain people. I am sure others have noticed the same thing. So to this day the "Featured Blends" listing remains illusive.
Sincerely,
Rachel C

P.S. A link for more information...
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7460

Feb 2nd, '10, 11:00

by beckynoel » Feb 2nd, '10, 11:00

I've had 3 blends reviewed, "Vanilla Sleepytime", "Gingerbread Joy", and "Goodnight Delight". The only one that is a featured blend is the gingerbread one. The only time I emailed Zack was back in October about the Halloween blend I created, asking him to review it. It didn't get reviewed though.

I'm pretty sure, like Rachel said, somebody working at Adagio sets aside potential blends to be reviewed, and Zack chooses.

I would suggest emailing Zack, and telling him about your blends. That's what HE suggests you do.

Feb 2nd, '10, 11:06

by LauraW » Feb 2nd, '10, 11:06

beckynoel wrote:I would suggest emailing Zack, and telling him about your blends. That's what HE suggests you do.
aHA! Ok, thanks Becky and Rachel!

Feb 2nd, '10, 15:10

by zack » Feb 2nd, '10, 15:10

Rebecca,

The blends being so similar completely slipped past me, but I'm glad you got to see identical reviews :)

And yup, the best way to have your tea featured on the show is to email me directly. I'll be doing another sweep of the inbox to find the teas for the next few episodes in a bit, so get them to me soon.

z

Feb 2nd, '10, 15:36

by LauraW » Feb 2nd, '10, 15:36

It'll have to wait until I get home from work, but I should be able to email you tonight.

Feb 2nd, '10, 18:53

by RachelC » Feb 2nd, '10, 18:53

LauraW wrote:
beckynoel wrote:I would suggest emailing Zack, and telling him about your blends. That's what HE suggests you do.
aHA! Ok, thanks Becky and Rachel!
Laura, sorry I thought you were talking strictly about the ones that are in the "Featured" section of the "Signature Blends" part of the Adagio website and not those Zack reviews. If you want a tea reviewed then "yes" you for sure need to E-Mail Zack. Good Luck and Sorry I misunderstood.

Rachel :o)

Feb 3rd, '10, 08:49

by LauraW » Feb 3rd, '10, 08:49

RachelC wrote: Laura, sorry I thought you were talking strictly about the ones that are in the "Featured" section of the "Signature Blends" part of the Adagio website and not those Zack reviews. If you want a tea reviewed then "yes" you for sure need to E-Mail Zack. Good Luck and Sorry I misunderstood.

Rachel :o)
Rachel, I was actually referring to both, so I'm glad you answered!

Feb 5th, '10, 23:04

by RachelC » Feb 5th, '10, 23:04

beckynoel wrote:The only one that is a featured blend is the gingerbread one.
Hi Becky,
Wow, I can't believe you only thought you had only one tea in the "Featured" section of the "Blends" page. Below is a list of those you have featured. At least these are the ones I have spotted, there may be more.

A Peach Muffin
Christmas Cocoa Blend
Gingerbread Joy
Cherry Almond
Creme De Current
Vanilla Jasmine Rooibos
Chocoholic Chai

Way to go!!!

Sincerely,
RachelC (A.K.A. Rachana Carter)

Feb 6th, '10, 17:17

by beckynoel » Feb 6th, '10, 17:17

Rachel,

No, I meant that the only tea I had that got reviewed on AdagioTV that was ALSO a featured blend was the gingerbread joy.

I guess I meant (as per the discussion on how one gets a tea to be reviewed), that in order to get a review, the blend doesn't need to be a featured blend. There are a number of reviewed teas that aren't featured blends.

Thanks on "the way to go", though!

Feb 6th, '10, 18:03

by RachelC » Feb 6th, '10, 18:03

Becky,

Opps! Sorry I misunderstood. Still "Way to go!" :D

Rachel

+ Post Reply