White tea processing

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Jun 8th, '05, 19:13
Mod/Admin

White tea processing

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 19:13

Hi, I'm looking for article about how to make white tea. I'm very interested with this tea. Could you help me with url's please?. most of the withe tea article is very global. I want more detile.

Dede Mahmud

Mod/Admin

Dede--

Thanks for the note.

This may help:

http://www.adagio.com/info/preparation.html

Best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

Thanks,
BTW, in my town, there are many people making tea traditionally. They have tea garden which not too wide. I think they make green tea. Until I read article about white tea. I really interest. I know if white tea can be made by various plant varietas of Camellia Sinensis. I wish to attempt, that is making white tea from the local plant exist in around my residence. I'm sure, although feel and its quality not come up to white tea made in Chinese or Japan, but minimizing same good for the health of myself. Could you help me to find url's that describe how to made this from the leaves plucked?.

Thank you so much.

Dede Mahmud

Feb 5th, '07, 01:59

Re: White tea processing

by cherryking » Feb 5th, '07, 01:59

Well, I can tell you the processing of Silver Needle.

Silver Needle comes from the spring buds of Da Bai Cha bush, or Zhen He Da Bai Cha bush. Usually, we pick up the tea buds or one bud one leaf at the end of March, then we remove the other leaves, just keep tea buds to make Silver Needle. We put tea buds on the sieve evenly, teas are withered by nature wind. Finally, we dry them by 30 - 40 C temperature, or sunshine, if whether is good. We remove tea stick by hand, and dry them again, and put them into package immediately.

Silver Needle is my favorite.

:D

+ Post Reply