My Adagio order

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 5th, '10, 18:04

My Adagio order

by Sententia » Feb 5th, '10, 18:04

Hey, I just placed my order in at Adagio tea. I've bought the Oolong Sampler, which contains Jasmin, Oolong from Taiwan, ti kuan yin from the Fujian providence, and wuyi ensemble. I also got the white tea sampler which comes with the Silver Needle from Fujian providence, snowbud, white symphony from Zhejiang region, and white peony. Finally I also bought the green tea sampler, that comes with gunpowder tea, sencha overture from Japan, green pekoe, pi lo chun, citron green, and vanilla green. Which of these tea's should I look forward to most, and your personal favorites ? I'm extremely excited and can't wait to try these !! Let me know what I should get in the future too, and what I should expect. Thank you

Feb 5th, '10, 18:13

Re: My Adagio order

by LauraW » Feb 5th, '10, 18:13

I can't say anything for the green sampler, but the oolong samples there are good, and the white sampler is great- snowbud's probably my favorite, the liquor is very clear, but it has a wonderfully soft, sweet flavor. Honestly, I can't tell you what you'll enjoy the most, partially because I know near nothing about your taste in tea. Post back once you've tried some of them, and we can better estimate what you might want to try next.

Feb 5th, '10, 18:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » Feb 5th, '10, 18:20

I really like the jasmine (acquired taste for me), wuyi (again an acquired taste) and citron green (try cold, great summer drink). Haven't tried any white teas.

Adagio's oolong sampler was my intro to loose leaf tea and I honestly didn't love the taste of oolong. But I didn't give up on them and had to allow my palate to adjust to this non sugary sweet beverage :)

The great thing about the samplers is that they give you a variety of tastes even within the same category of tea :)

I love black tea and really recommend picking up the black sampler (not the savant one, but the regular one). My favorite are Chinese blacks *ughhhhhh drooooool*

Let us know what you think about the teas.

Feb 5th, '10, 19:46

by Victoria » Feb 5th, '10, 19:46

Well now that is all up to individual taste, but the OOLONGS rule!!!
Welcome, enjoy your new teas!

Feb 5th, '10, 20:51

by givequicheachance » Feb 5th, '10, 20:51

Of those, I've only had the gunpowder and white symphony, but both of those are fantastic. I particularly like the gunpowder.

Feb 5th, '10, 21:33

by Victoria » Feb 5th, '10, 21:33

givequicheachance wrote:Of those, I've only had the gunpowder and white symphony, but both of those are fantastic. I particularly like the gunpowder.
Honest Abe? Sorry I couldn't resist. :lol:

Feb 6th, '10, 23:22

by Dresden » Feb 6th, '10, 23:22

Victoria wrote:Well now that is all up to individual taste, but the OOLONGS rule!!!
Welcome, enjoy your new teas!
[immature] Greens Rule!!! --- Oolongs Drool!!! [/immature]

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Feb 9th, '10, 15:16

by Sententia » Feb 9th, '10, 15:16

It's here !! The sample tins are abit bigger than what I expected too. So many different tea's , I just grabbed one "white monkey" It was a replacement tea in the green tea's. The name suits it, the tea is light in color. I like the tea, it woke me up. What should I try next ? It'll either be snowbud, white symphony, silver needle and white peony, or an Oolong tea my very first oolong. Ti kuan yin, oolong#8, wuyi ensemble, jasmine#5? I'm very happy.

Feb 9th, '10, 15:27

by LauraW » Feb 9th, '10, 15:27

I'm partial to the Snowbud, but if you want to try one of the oolongs, I'd go for the Wuyi!

+ Post Reply