Music about tea, somehow

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 3rd, '10, 19:17

Music about tea, somehow

by skilfautdire » Feb 3rd, '10, 19:17

Just got the latest Ozric Tentacles CD, "The Yum Yum Tree" and it features a tune called 'oolong oolong'. Quite nice at that.

So here's a thread about music that features or is about, somehow, tea. Any suggestions ?

Ozric Tentacles is a psychedelic/transe band from the U.K., been around for around 25 years. Termed as a cottage industry since they do good enough w/o much advertisement. Can please to anyone into a more organic style of transe music, with recently lots of synthesizers arpeggios, but still with real drums and real guitar and bass. No vocals. Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozric_Tentacles

Feb 4th, '10, 09:38

Re: Music about tea, somehow

by KSek » Feb 4th, '10, 09:38

British rapper Elemental has a song about tea, "Cup of Brown Joy." Self-described as "downright ridiculous," this is right up my alley: http://www.teasearecords.net/elemental.cfm (warning, the audio starts automatically)

Feb 11th, '10, 11:55

by spittingoutteeth » Feb 11th, '10, 11:55

It's funny you posted this---I was thinking about doing an instrumental concept album, with each song inspired by a specific tea.

Feb 11th, '10, 13:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Feb 11th, '10, 13:17

It's been a long while since I've listened to an Ozric album, almost forgot about them completely.
It's funny you posted this---I was thinking about doing an instrumental concept album, with each song inspired by a specific tea.
MF DOOM done a great job with something similar, herbs:
Youtube

Feb 11th, '10, 19:05

by skilfautdire » Feb 11th, '10, 19:05

Proinsias wrote:It's been a long while since I've listened to an Ozric album, almost forgot about them completely.
Me too. But got back recently, for some reason. Ah, found it. I watched some of their 'ancestors' on Youtube: Gong. The early seventies UK/France band with the Flying Teapots. They're still around and alive. Quite a character that Daevid Allen. Flying Teapots are still carried around at their concerts or so it seems. No other band would repeat for 10 minutes "want a cuppa tea, want a cuppa tea, want a cuppa tea, want a cup...aaaahhh". Almost total disconnection from reality, if not for the rather good jazzrock/spacey instrumental bits.

Feb 11th, '10, 19:06

by skilfautdire » Feb 11th, '10, 19:06

spittingoutteeth wrote:It's funny you posted this---I was thinking about doing an instrumental concept album, with each song inspired by a specific tea.
Could be interesting. "Variations in T major". :-)

Feb 15th, '10, 09:43

by spittingoutteeth » Feb 15th, '10, 09:43

Today's Tea Music:

Laraaji, "Essence / Universe" + Long Jing Tiger Spring (Dragon Well)

Sep 19th, '10, 20:39

by DJ3riple » Sep 19th, '10, 20:39

I really like to get on Last.fm and listen to music under the "chinese traditional" tag. Great music for tea :)

Sep 19th, '10, 22:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mr. Usaji » Sep 19th, '10, 22:05

Simon & Garfunkel wrote:All my wealth won't buy me health,
So I smoke a pint of tea a day!

+ Post Reply