Why are some people allowed to make more blends than me?

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Feb 16th, '10, 16:37

by beckynoel » Feb 16th, '10, 16:37

So I think that Eleanor Justice, aside from having a really cool name, probably makes the best signature blend labels I have ever seen! Really, that girl has got some talent!

But, having stumbled across her customer profile, I noticed that she has 61 different blends! I know that I'm capped off at 25. Is there anybody else who can make that many blends? Does Eleanor work at Adagio? Is it an error that has allowed her to continue to be a label/blend making machine?

I have no issue with Eleanor, of course!!! Don't get me wrong, it's not about her. I just wish I was allowed to make that many blends.

Feb 16th, '10, 17:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » Feb 16th, '10, 17:11

I've noticed the same with a few others, especially a few that have a special series (like Sims.. or.. something). Perhaps it's an added benefit of being "featured?"

Feb 16th, '10, 17:18
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Why are some people allowed to make more blends than me?

by Chip » Feb 16th, '10, 17:18

Mod post, for the sake of not making this topic quite so personal, I am editing the subject by removing Eleanor Justice's name.

The posts remain unedited.

Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate
:mrgreen:

Eleanor Justice does not work for Adagio (nor do I, btw)

Feb 16th, '10, 17:28

by beckynoel » Feb 16th, '10, 17:28

Yeah, sorry. It's really not my intention to target EJ in any kind of personal way. I noticed in her profile that she is not currently a member of TeaChat, so I don't mean to call her into question when she has no means of responding.

I have a handfull of featured blends myself- 7, I think. And I have no special treatment.

Also, as far as I have seen, none of the blends in the "SIMS" series are featured blends.

Feb 16th, '10, 21:57

by RachelC » Feb 16th, '10, 21:57

Great question and a standard for everyone would be nice otherwise one can easily feel as if some are given more or less then others. Perhaps guidelines are in order but of course it depends on Adagio. Most of the time we don't get official answers to any of these inquires. I wonder if there is a way to officially ask so we can have a straight answer instead of asking each other for answers we don't have. :?

P.S. I know it seems like EJ has a lot of blends I believe she is deleted them and making new ones in their place so at any given time she has 25 like the rest of us but I am not sure. :)
Last edited by RachelC on Feb 16th, '10, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 16th, '10, 22:26

by cls46 » Feb 16th, '10, 22:26

It would be nice if someone who does work for adagio would come clear up some of these issues because I would like to know why the rules are different for different blenders

Feb 16th, '10, 22:33

by Mote » Feb 16th, '10, 22:33

Not to appear too much of a curmudgeon after my last thread, but I've also noticed that her blends defy the normal alphabetical placement conventions to appear at the very top of the list on the Signature Blends page.

Feb 17th, '10, 10:10

by beckynoel » Feb 17th, '10, 10:10

RachelC wrote:P.S. I know it seems like EJ has a lot of blends I believe she is deleted them and making new ones in their place so at any given time she has 25 like the rest of us but I am not sure. :)
If you find her customer profile, (I did this by finding something she reviewed--like pomegranate, then clicking on her review) you will see all the blends she has made. It's true that if you click on 1 blend it brings you to a page where only 25 are shown, but all 61 blends are active. By this I mean you can look up any of her blends and buy them.

This may also account for the unalphabetized blends page.

Feb 17th, '10, 17:44

by Mote » Feb 17th, '10, 17:44

This may also account for the unalphabetized blends page.
I don't really see how.

Honestly, I'd really like for A #1 First Place Blend to reclaim its rightful place at the top of the list, for obvious reasons. Failing that, some sort of logical explanation would be nice.

Feb 17th, '10, 18:10

by beckynoel » Feb 17th, '10, 18:10

Mote wrote:I don't really see how.
Oh I'm sorry, I guess we were referring to two different things. You are referring to the custom blend list on the front of the signature blends page., while I was referring to EJ's blend list.

And you are right, it doesn't make much alphabetical sense.

+ Post Reply