The Best and Worst of 2006

Have something to add to an article? Don't keep it to yourself!

The Best and Worst of 2006

Postby ilya » Dec 1st, '06, 01:15

If you haven't read it yet, Amanda put up a new TeaMuse article on the best and worst tea products of 2006.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on any products we may have missed.
ilya
Site Admin

Mega-T Green Tea Mints

Postby jogrebe » Jan 1st, '07, 20:14

I have no idea when they came out but a few weeks before Christmas I saw some Mega-T Green Tea Mints by the checkout at the local health food store and bought a tin thinking they would taste like green tea. Anyway big mistake as I missed the fine print at the bottom of the tin which said "spearmint flavor". Pretty much they are a green tea supplement for people who would rather eat a mint than drink two cups of green tea, that they attempted to cover up the taste of the green tea with the spearmint flavor which resulted in a bad taste of spearmint mixed with overly strong green tea.
jogrebe

Postby Chip » Jan 1st, '07, 22:50

2006 was my best TEAyear ever...so I have nothing to complain about...it is sooo great to be the eternal TEAoptimist after 6 years of mediocrity.
I completely changed all my tea vendors this year for all the right reasons and replaced them with vendors who are actually meeting my needs...wow what a switch. I feel like I have rediscovered TEA. I have had the best tea of my life in 2006.

But I bought a tin of those teamints, John...or a facsimile thereof...I have actually lacked the courage to open them and try them...I just sense they are evil tasting things. If I had opened them, I would probably have one thing to call the worst of 2006 tea products...but I have chosen to live in ignorance where I can find bliss.....
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Mary R » Feb 10th, '07, 23:03

Wow, that's more ellipsis points than I've ever seen in one of chip's posts.

Just how was your New Year's Eve? :wink:
Mary R

Postby earlgreyrooibos » Feb 16th, '07, 11:26

I actually just started drinking tea (aside from Lipton) in 2006, so it was a lot of trial-and-error for me.

I think one the best for me was seeing Stash tea become more and more readily available in retail stores.

And the worst was probably the Owling tea set sold by Anthropologie. I got it as a Christmas gift, and it is undeniably cute. But the pot and cups get really, really, almost untouchably hot, and the infuser doesn't keep out small leaves that well. Also, it only holds about 12 ounces.
earlgreyrooibos

Instant Messenger

Permissions