Wish Adagio would carry THESE

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Wish Adagio would carry THESE

Postby skywarrior » Sep 15th, '07, 00:22

I bought a small 6 oz tea cup from a local store here in Montana. It works by having a clear plastic cup, a place to put your loose tea and a top. It twists on and off. Three pieces. And mine has a cool dragon holographic image on the top. Here are some that are similar and I like them a lot. These cups are bigger and way too cool:

http://www.xiuxiantea.com/2008teacupseries.htm

I think it would be awesome if Adagio carried these or something like them.
skywarrior

Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Postby thor0298 » Nov 29th, '07, 09:56

Those are really cool. do they work well?
thor0298

Postby xine » Nov 29th, '07, 12:26

This looks pretty interesting! I too have been bugging people for a travel mug around these parts...especially with my long ass commute, it would be quite handy to have tea on hand while I sit in traffic on the GSP, wishing death upon everyone...

anyway, how does it work? I can't seem to figure it out from the pictures.
xine

Postby Scarlet Glow » Nov 29th, '07, 13:03

The mug in the particular link that skywarrior posted works as such. I'm paraphrasing from the description given on the website (under the pictures), but it seems like you put the loose tea leaves in the middle section, pour hot water in, screw the middle section along with the top lid onto the mug and turn the whole thing upside down to "brew" the tea. Then when you are finished steeping the leaves, you turn the mug back over (so it is right side up), unscrew the middle section, set it aside, and drink your tea.

I have the 12oz. mug that is on the left hand side in the top picture. I love it! It doesn't do the 'flipping upside down thing'... err... I guess it could because it has a strainer but the 'middle section' of the mug I have is a lot smaller than the mug that was described above. So, I'm not sure if it would give the leaves enough room to expand. However, I still love it. I don't brew my tea in it but I do put already made tea in it to bring with me on the go.

I love the fact that is it clear because I get loads of questions as to what it is exactly that I am drinking. I took it with me to our Thanksgiving get together and I think from the conversations that the mug itself had started, I ended up converting some of my family members to tea.

So, heh, you can say that I have no regrets in my purchase of the mug! :wink:
Scarlet Glow

Postby skywarrior » Nov 29th, '07, 18:04

thor0298 wrote:Those are really cool. do they work well?

Yes. And you can microwave the water in the lower half. Awesome.
skywarrior

Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Postby CJluvsT » Mar 11th, '09, 20:14

Is this thing similar to the Tea Tiger that Teavana sells?
CJluvsT

Re: Wish Adagio would carry THESE

Postby Givequicheachan... » Feb 2nd, '10, 16:13

I would love one of these things! Too bad the website that you linked is sold out.

The "tea tiger" isn't quite as cool as this. It's just a thermos with a strainer on top that keeps the leaves from coming out as you pour.

What's really cool about this thing is that unlike the tea tiger, it allows you to control the brewing time, while still being able to save the leaves for a second infusion. Very, very cool.
Givequicheachan...

Postby myemmie » Feb 26th, '10, 02:21

OoooooOOOoooh, that's really cool.

The best travel mug I've found was one that worked like a french press - it had a plunger in the lid that allowed you to just smoosh your leaves down to the bottom of the brew. It was handy because I used it with both my coffee and tea, but it was not without downfall: since the filter/press didn't extract the leaves, just pushed 'em down, they would oversteep and become very bitter if I didn't drink relatively quickly. Plus it didn't take too long for the plunger to wear out the seal.

I like this idea much better!
myemmie

Postby wambli » Feb 27th, '10, 20:29

Do you know if this plastic is BPA safe? Really looks cool. Can you attach the strainer and still drink without going through strainer?
wambli

Postby animalj7 » Mar 11th, '10, 20:52

Reading this thread got me searching around the web.

I was led to this article...

http://coffeetea.about.com/od/reviews/fr/EightCranesPerfectSteeper.htm

which links here...

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Cranes-PS-PC101-Portable-Stainless/dp/B002NGN3X0

I think this is what everyone was talking about. :D

I also just found this...

http://www.fliptea.com ...doesn't say what materials it is made from though but it appears to be a little cheaper.
animalj7

Postby wambli » Apr 18th, '10, 20:17

Would like to try but I no longer from Adagio because they charge me extra for shippments. Yea yea i heard the reason... I don't buy it.
wambli

Instant Messenger

Permissions