Maple and Mauby?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Maple and Mauby?

Postby myemmie » Feb 26th, '10, 02:26

I've seen a few variations on a maple infused ceylon, and would love to get an Adagio take on it. One in particular:
http://www.metrotea.com/maple.html

Also, I think it would be great to have a venue for Mauby, which is a Caribbean drink infused from a particular bark. The only options I've been able to track down near me are the standard tea bag/powder/blah, and I'm sure that a "real cup" steeped from actual ingredients would be so much more interesting!

And while I'm thinking about it, I'd be keen on a nice sarsaparilla too!
myemmie

Re: Maple and Mauby?

Postby RachelMCrawford » Feb 28th, '10, 23:05

The maple thing might be really good. I had a strawberry and maple black tea that was just wonderful from artoftea dot com. But Mauby? I have been to Trinidad and Tobago and had the infamous Mauby Fizz and it is HORRIBLE. Why would you want a tea to taste like that? It resembles a gross version of rootbeer or something. I could see why a rootbeer type tea might be interesting but Muaby specifically I will pass on. It has been more than ten years since I had Mauby Fizz and I still remember how aweful it was. We used to refer to Mauby Fizz as foul and I love tea to much to inflict this foulness upon it. Maybe stick to the maple.
RachelMCrawford

Re: Maple and Mauby?

Postby myemmie » Mar 1st, '10, 01:46

Ha! Yeah, it's different! No more unpalatable than some of the Pu Erhs, I would think - just, um, a very specific palette range. LOL. And I meant more like carrying the raw stuff, not really flavoring a black tea with it...that would just be weird. I should have clarified!
I will say, though, that I bought a little box of it from a Caribbean shop in Atlanta, packaged up in bags like the stuff from the grocery store, and wow. That needed a lot of work to be drinkable. :)
myemmie

Instant Messenger

Permissions