pube or pit hair in my tea

For general/other topics related to tea.

Mar 1st, '10, 14:36

pube or pit hair in my tea

by wng » Mar 1st, '10, 14:36

I got a sample packet of Zhongshan Baiye from special teas and while I was brewing it I noticed a hair. I looked at it and it was absolutely a pube or pit hair, I freaked out. I'm just glad it wasn't the second infusion. I might e-mail them but they will probably think I am lying, I wish I was, now I have one more thing to worry about.

Mar 1st, '10, 14:46

Re: pube or pit hair in my tea

by AdamMY » Mar 1st, '10, 14:46

There are many things found in tea, and sadly its one of the things you have to live with if you want to drink certain types of tea. Puerh is most notably a grab bag in a certain sense that you can find all sorts of interesting items.

Though some of the cleanest teas may just be Japanese Teas ordered directly from Japan.

Mar 1st, '10, 15:20

by woozl » Mar 1st, '10, 15:20

You don't wanna know what's in your food :shock:

Mar 1st, '10, 15:21

by AdamMY » Mar 1st, '10, 15:21

Is it bad that I wrote my reply to this post, and said "you know what I haven't had in awhile? Aged Puerh!"

So I'm actually getting ready to brew some up right now.

Mar 1st, '10, 16:44

by wng » Mar 1st, '10, 16:44

For some reason it bothers me less that there is an acceptable percentage of rat feces in foods than finding someones pubic hair in my tea. I know its really not worse but for some reason my OCD just seems to kick up more with things from humans. Had it been a head hair I could have handled it, but the short curlys are a different story.

Mar 1st, '10, 16:53
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Mar 1st, '10, 16:53

Usually oolong is much cleaner than puerh. People in China sometimes joke that puerh and some other teas are nong fu products. nong fu, means agricultural products, and meantime it also means "peasant woman". When something is made by a peasant woman, there is no dressing code, no working coat, no gloves, no facial mask, no head cap... so there is good chance that you get in your tea something from the peasant woman, such as hair, but hopefully hair from her head :shock:

Mar 1st, '10, 18:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » Mar 1st, '10, 18:41

What if you found tea in your hair and rat poop container?? :shock:

Mar 1st, '10, 19:28

by spot52 » Mar 1st, '10, 19:28

But at least the pube or pit hair was dry, and would be hit with boiling water. Maybe it would add some unique flavor.

Mar 3rd, '10, 12:08

by Ebtoulson » Mar 3rd, '10, 12:08

spot52 wrote:But at least the pube or pit hair was dry, and would be hit with boiling water. Maybe it would add some unique flavor.
:shock:

Mar 3rd, '10, 12:16
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Mar 3rd, '10, 12:16

More likely it is just a bristle from a boar hair brush that is used for sweeping. Chillax.

Mar 3rd, '10, 17:20

by wng » Mar 3rd, '10, 17:20

Victoria wrote:More likely it is just a bristle from a boar hair brush that is used for sweeping. Chillax.
No it wouldn't work as a bristle, to easily bent. it looked exactly like a pube, kinky, follicle on one end, came to a point on the other. it was black so it could be a Chinese workers arm pit hair (most likely), or something from angry an warehouse worker somewhere, places that pack tea in bulk hire people at low rates of pay and probably are not fun places to work. Its a lot less likely but I saw some unpleasant food sabotage working in restaurants when I was younger so I wouldn't rule it out. It was just a sample so its no big deal, but now I'll be examining all the tea I drink.

Mar 4th, '10, 15:49

by Skippyandjif » Mar 4th, '10, 15:49

Oh, wow, that's awful! :shock: I had heard that some really low-grade pu-erh was made using floor sweepings, but I assumed this meant floor sweepings of discarded tea leaves, not...other stuff. I'm definitely going to scrutinize my pu-erh more closely from now on.

+ Post Reply