Strange Little Teas - by Tanya Laird (Aphy!)

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Mar 1st, '10, 18:01

Strange Little Teas - by Tanya Laird (Aphy!)

by Aphroditea » Mar 1st, '10, 18:01

My friends have likely already noticed that I did a bunch of tea blend housekeeping today. I decided to get rid of all the Doctor Who teas - as fun as they were, my creative tea spirit was pulling me in another direction! Awhile back I created some teas inspired by song titles of Tori Amos. I got rid of three, Raspberry Swirl, Evergreen, and Cool on Your Island (yes, I know it is in the pass box - mea culpa :wink: ). I altered Never Seen Blue so that it is not so heavy on the blueberries and I added a bunch of new blends (and have been updating a few labels, too)!
Almost Rosey - valentines, vanilla and berry blast
Atilla the Honey - bengal green chai and vanilla green
Icicle - cocomint, spiced green, peppermint
Indian Summer - chamomille, wild strawberries, sour apple
Liquid Diamonds - snowbud with just a hint of spearmint
Rubies and Gold - Assam Melody and Rooibos Caramel
Ruby Through the Looking Glass - honeybush chocolate and wild strawberry
Samurai - kukicha and bengal green chai
Suede - mambo, caramel, oriental spice
Winter - christmas, chestnut and a hint of orange

when blood oranges are available again, look out for Blood Roses, a blend of valentines and blood oranges.

The original Tori inspired blends that are still available are Never Seen Blue (just slightly altered), Martha's Foolish Ginger, Black Dove and Agent Orange.

Also - I know that of the Doctor Who blends the 9th and 10th Doctor blends were very popular...not to fear, the blends will not be changing, they will just be getting facelifts :D

The Ninth Doctor will become Riot Proof and The Tenth Doctor will become Power of Orange Knickers

To see all the new teas and spot the new labels (work still in progress, btw) then head to my blends site: http://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/l ... crollTop=0

I hope you have as much fun poking around the new teas as I had creating them!!

Mar 1st, '10, 18:23

Re: Strange Little Teas - by Tanya Laird (Aphy!)

by RachelC » Mar 1st, '10, 18:23

Everything looks so good. Can't wait to try them. I also love the labels.So fun! :D

Mar 1st, '10, 19:41

by myemmie » Mar 1st, '10, 19:41

Yum! I favorite-ed "Icicle" for my next big spree. You never know what to search for with the blends since so many aren't in the alpha list straightaway, so I dig it when folks post here on the forums, too. ty!

Mar 2nd, '10, 12:29

by Aphroditea » Mar 2nd, '10, 12:29

Thank you Rach! And thank you Myemmie :D

Myemmie - I know exactly what you mean! When those of us first blenders started it was so much easier to navigate and keep up, now it is becoming quite a blur of names!! So, like you, I tend to look here to help add some focus!

BTW - I forgot to add that The Eighth Doctor (one of MY personal favorites) is also getting a rename....in fact I did that over brunch...it is now Fire on the Side! And I personally love the label....it looks like fire but it is actually a stucco wall with red paints that someone had thrown a golden yellow paint onto and it was dripping down, but I flipped it upside down so there was an upward movement to those drips and then blurred it a bit. I am not a graphics designer like Inguna, so I never quite know how things are going to look in the end, but I was surprised that doing those two simple things created such a gorgeous background! Oh, and the tea is excellent :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Mar 2nd, '10, 15:51

by myemmie » Mar 2nd, '10, 15:51

Ooooooh, you're right, that label is fab! Isn't it great when stuff comes together? I have a very (very) limited knowledge of graphic design, so sometimes - even though I do wish I could be more technical - when I get a project that turns out I'm pretty well chuffed 'cause I made it in Paint, LOL. :)

Mar 3rd, '10, 20:30

by msmeghann82 » Mar 3rd, '10, 20:30

Oooh, Samurai looks right up my alley. I may have to add this to the cart next month when I allow myself to order again :) You have such creative blends, thanks for sharing the updates!

Mar 4th, '10, 08:40

by Aphroditea » Mar 4th, '10, 08:40

msmeghann82 wrote:Oooh, Samurai looks right up my alley.
Word of advice, as a safety precaution....if a Samurai is looking right up your alley.....move. :D
msmeghann82 wrote: I may have to add this to the cart next month when I allow myself to order again :) You have such creative blends, thanks for sharing the updates!
Thank you for the lovely compliment! I actually feel very good about this latest batch of blends - something about late night/early morning insomnia and pain killers which bring a sort of clarity to tea blending :wink:

Enjoy the tea! (When you get it :) )

+ Post Reply