Cuppa for OS X

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Feb 23rd, '07, 00:30
Scrolling: scrolling

Cuppa for OS X

by scruffmcgruff » Feb 23rd, '07, 00:30

Hey all, I just stumbled across this little app for Mac OS X. I don't make tea near my computer, but I still thought it was pretty cool, so some of you might be interested. Sorry if this has been posted in another thread, but here's the link:

http://www3.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8024?os=macos

Feb 23rd, '07, 09:51

by Mary R » Feb 23rd, '07, 09:51

:oops: Yeah...I'm that kinda nerd. I have one of these. I use it all the time. I need to develop some independent existence outside my MacBook.

This app looks interesting, and I really like that it's written for intel macs. But it just has a menu for things like "English Breakfast, etc" and doesn't allow you to really control the time. This particular app, Tea Timer, is just a straight clock. You want to steep for 3 minutes and 33 seconds? just type it in. This is an older program and can be a little slow to engage on the intel macs. Just make sure to bring up the app before you start to brew.

The best part? A corny image of Big Ben and the sound of his bells pops up when the clock runs down.

Yeah. That kind of nerd.

Feb 23rd, '07, 10:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Feb 23rd, '07, 10:52

Actually, it does allow you to set your own time-- there's a "quick timer" option.

That big ben thing is pretty cool though... :)

Feb 23rd, '07, 11:25

by TeaFanatic » Feb 23rd, '07, 11:25

Looks like a pretty cool program...almost makes me want a mac.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

+ Post Reply