Caffeine and Tea

Converse about the 34 tea lessons on teaclass.com

Caffeine and Tea

Postby Charles » Mar 10th, '10, 15:43

This discussion thread is dedicated to questions and comments on the TeaClass lesson: Caffeine and Tea (http://www.teaclass.com/lesson_0111.html). TeaClass is designed to be a free educational tool so if anything is unclear, let us know! We're also using TeaClass to train our own retail store staff so please feel free to share anything you've heard or read that disagrees with the lesson. Our goal is to continually improve this tool based on your feedback.
Charles

Re: Caffeine and Tea

Postby Porkpie » Mar 25th, '10, 23:28

I am a little confused because the quiz afterwords asks which variety of tea contains the most caffeine...which I though the article demonstrated was entirely established by growing region, length of brew time etc. and not by simply the type of tea....or are black teas generally higher caffeine than oolongs, oolongs than green and green than whites and its just not as wide a difference as is often supposed?
Porkpie

Postby Charles » Mar 27th, '10, 08:20

The key part of the question is "when brewed as directed". Since brewing instructions typically recommend boiling water and longer brewing times for Black Tea, Black Teas, as brewed, typically have more caffeine.
Charles

Postby PamEast » Aug 21st, '10, 09:21

Arg! I have read the article three times and I just can't get past this lesson. Since the quiz does not tell you which questions you got wrong, I can't figure out where I'm going wrong on this.

On the "which tea has the most caffiene" question, I tried both black (for brewed tea) and white (for highest, youngest leaves on plant), but neither made any difference in my result, so I must have another question wrong somewhere.

Is the answer for Tea vs. Rooibos "less" or "immeasurable" since Rooibos doesn't have any caffiene at all? I've tried both answers on that one as well, and still got something wrong.

This is making me nuts! Obviously, I need to go have a quiet cup of tea and calm down. LOL.

Pam
PamEast

Instant Messenger

Permissions