TeaHabitat "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 20th, '10, 15:58
Scrolling: scrolling

TeaHabitat "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

by Chip » Jan 20th, '10, 15:58

TeaHabitat was nominated and confirmed for our TeaVendor Guide under the Oolong Tea category. If you would like to nominate them to other categories, you may do this, otherwise limit discussion to their Oolong Tea offerings. Thank you! :D

NEW! Official Oolong Tea Vendor Guide for TeaHabitat.com
Consider this a perennial topic for Oolong teas from TeaHabitat to discuss and review.

http://www.teahabitat.com/store/index.p ... 73rgvn0au4

Official Oolong Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view the main Oolong TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 02#p141802 and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Mar 10th, '10, 22:30

Re: TeaHabitat "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

by debunix » Mar 10th, '10, 22:30

Can't believe I'm the first one to post in this topic.

I discovered Tea Habitat via another tea forum, and was thrilled to discover that it was quite near me. I bought my first Dan Congs after my first visit there for a tea tasting, and went back for more after enjoying the first ones so much. I love the complexity and depth of flavors of these teas, and how they last for infusion after infusion.

I have so far tried only 3 'single bush' versions and one 'commercial' Dan Cong:

08 Honey Orchid Phoenix Oolong
Not a 'single bush' but a related and lovely oolong. 1 gram in a small (50-60mL) gaiwan or yixing yields many delicious steepings.

07 Ba Xiang Eight Immortals Dan Cong Phoenix Oolong
This one is a 'single bush' oolong. Delightful.

07 Po Tou Ginger Flower Fragrance Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong
This one is sweet, tart, and spicy. Love it. Have gotten 25+ infusions out of it.

09 Wu Ye Dark Leaf Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong
This tea comes from the seeds of the Ginger Flower Fragrance plant, but I have only brewed it once so can't yet make a good comparison.

I have not yet tried Dan Cong from another source, so can't directly compare, but I can say that these teas blew me away at the first sip, and keep stretching my tea vocabulary each time I brew them, trying to think of how to describe their complex wonderfulness.

Last month Imen's blog said the present store was closed, and she is going to reopen in a new location. Since I like to drink these teas when I have time to savor them over an hour or more, I should have enough to last me until the new store opens. Maybe. Meanwhile, the online shop is there.

May 14th, '10, 17:30

Re: TeaHabitat "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

by alan logan » May 14th, '10, 17:30

+1
of all online vendors offering dan cong, Imen stands out by far.

+ Post Reply