Adagio TeaV episode 61: Southworth

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Mar 11th, '10, 11:42
Adagio

Adagio TeaV episode 61: Southworth

by ilya » Mar 11th, '10, 11:42

This week, Zack is reviewing Eleanor Justice's newest creation, Southworth tea. An interesting blend that contains sweet potato black, hazelnut black & rooibos caramel.

In case Eleanor's name sounds familiar, it should be. She's been on a tear creating spectacular tea blends :)

Mar 11th, '10, 20:04

Re: Adagio TeaV episode 61: Southworth

by RachelC » Mar 11th, '10, 20:04

I am not sure about this review. I don't know if I truly understood his feelings on the tea and if he is recommending it. :?

Mar 11th, '10, 20:46

by Ebtoulson » Mar 11th, '10, 20:46

Don't know if I'm the only one that gets this when I try to send Zach a blend to his email, but it says:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error.
Any suggestions?

Mar 12th, '10, 10:02

by Aphroditea » Mar 12th, '10, 10:02

RachelC wrote:I am not sure about this review. I don't know if I truly understood his feelings on the tea and if he is recommending it. :?
I understood it to be "I like the concept, and it ALMOST works, but something about this blend is just a bit meh." :?

But, yes....Zack...you went a little rambly and incoherent there for minute. And althought it was adorable to watch with Jeff Bridges did it for the Oscars, it didn't play well for AdagioTV :wink: So, a little clarification on your feelings? :mrgreen:

Mar 12th, '10, 17:15

by boywoodhe » Mar 12th, '10, 17:15

Aphroditea wrote:
But, yes....Zack...you went a little rambly and incoherent there for minute. And althought it was adorable to watch with Jeff Bridges did it for the Oscars, it didn't play well for AdagioTV :wink: So, a little clarification on your feelings? :mrgreen:[/quote]

WOW! Aphroditea, tell us how you really feel? lol :lol: :wink:
In my opinion, Zack was great! He ooozes personality and I loved the way he broke down each flavor and he described it well. I guess he was overpowered with flavor, he was in a tea coma and loss for words.lol :lol:
yours in tea
woodie

Mar 13th, '10, 08:57

by Aphroditea » Mar 13th, '10, 08:57

boywoodhe wrote:Aphroditea wrote:
But, yes....Zack...you went a little rambly and incoherent there for minute. And althought it was adorable to watch with Jeff Bridges did it for the Oscars, it didn't play well for AdagioTV :wink: So, a little clarification on your feelings? :mrgreen:
WOW! Aphroditea, tell us how you really feel? lol :lol: :wink:
In my opinion, Zack was great! He ooozes personality and I loved the way he broke down each flavor and he described it well. I guess he was overpowered with flavor, he was in a tea coma and loss for words.lol :lol:
yours in tea
woodie[/quote]

Hey now - no twisting my words! I never said I didn't like Zack! I think he is sweet and adorable and fun to watch - I was just saying that this particular episode was not so clear in the "What Zack Thinks" department. At the end I was not sure if he liked the tea or liked the IDEA of the tea - just asking for clarification, is all :P

Mar 13th, '10, 15:27

by boywoodhe » Mar 13th, '10, 15:27

Hey Aphroditea

It was all in fun. :D
I adore you ...i just want to razz you a bit. :lol:

many hugs
woodie

Mar 15th, '10, 10:51

by EleanorJustice » Mar 15th, '10, 10:51

RachelC wrote:I am not sure about this review. I don't know if I truly understood his feelings on the tea and if he is recommending it. :?

Hiya! I'm stumbling around learning how the TeaChat works, so please forgive me if I do something clumsy. Thanks!

Regarding whether Zack liked Southworth -- I'm totally biased, since I blended it, but having tasted the blend, I kind of understand that it's a challenge to describe. It's good -- but it's also very *different* than most teas I've ever had. It was funny seeing Zack's face when he was tasting it for the first time, because I'm pretty sure mine was doing the same thing when I was tasting the test brew. (It also tastes *very* different depending on how you doctor it up, which I find intriguing. I don't know enough about tea to understand why it's so different, but I think it's cool.)

My (again, happily biased) impression was that he liked it, since he suggested that people try it, was using happy adjectives (robust, complex, and so forth), described the sweetness as complex, and (my favorite part) compared it to fine wine. (!!!)

Zack's description, "grown-up" is definitely a good description of it -- it's one of the blends I'm most proud of, and I do hope folks will try it and let me know what they think.

:> Eleanor

Mar 15th, '10, 14:29

by EleanorJustice » Mar 15th, '10, 14:29

Ebtoulson wrote:Don't know if I'm the only one that gets this when I try to send Zach a blend to his email, but it says:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error.
Any suggestions?
It might be a spelling thing -- I believe it's Zack, instead of Zach, so if you were to try switching the h with a k and resending, it would probably go through.

Hope that helps!
:)

Mar 15th, '10, 17:29

by Ebtoulson » Mar 15th, '10, 17:29

EleanorJustice wrote:It might be a spelling thing -- I believe it's Zack, instead of Zach, so if you were to try switching the h with a k and resending, it would probably go through.

Hope that helps!
d'oh, thanks that helped

Mar 17th, '10, 12:49

by zack » Mar 17th, '10, 12:49

I loved it.

Mar 17th, '10, 20:14

by EleanorJustice » Mar 17th, '10, 20:14

zack wrote::)