WHY do you drink tea?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 20th, '10, 17:45

Re: WHY do you drink tea?

by entropyembrace » Feb 20th, '10, 17:45

I drink it for a few reasons...number one is the huge variety of delicious tastes in different types of tea...most foods or drinks I get bored of after a few weeks of having them often but there is so much variety in tea I never get bored. Also there is the psycholgical effect...tea is very relaxing and calming. Tea also keeps me intellectually interested...all of the tea culture, different brewing methods and learning about new types of tea is fascinating for me.

Feb 24th, '10, 00:26

by InsanityPrelude » Feb 24th, '10, 00:26

Just for the taste, really. I don't react well to caffeine, so drinking enough to get a buzz would probably be a bad idea for me. :)

Mar 4th, '10, 02:06

by sneakers » Mar 4th, '10, 02:06

I like the taste. :D

Mar 10th, '10, 11:53

by ndw76 » Mar 10th, '10, 11:53

I started drinking tea because I was a coffee drinker, but coffee was not doing any good to my health.

But I keep drinking tea because the ritual of making the tea in itself is just as relaxing as drinking tea.
While the coffee available to me here in Bangkok was all the same, I have a huge selection of teas.

And also, the used tea leaves are great for my small garden.

Mar 11th, '10, 01:41
Vendor Member

by IPT » Mar 11th, '10, 01:41

I drink tea for many reasons. Of course the taste is important, but I also drink it for the culture and history surrounding it, the artistry of the tea ware, the solitude of the moment, and the joy of sharing it with others.

Mar 13th, '10, 11:27

by Matt1281 » Mar 13th, '10, 11:27

I love the variety of teas and started drinking because of the awesome health benefits. I started doing some research on the different types of teas.

I just love a warm cup of tea on a cold winter day.

There is nothing better :D

Take care,
Matt
Last edited by Chip on Mar 13th, '10, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mod edit: Self promoting link deleted per forum rules. Please read forum rules located under Introduction.

Mar 13th, '10, 15:19

by Capella » Mar 13th, '10, 15:19

I drink tea because I was raised with an English grandmother and tea has always been part of my life. I switched to rooibos after being told I should not have caffeine any longer, and I don't really regret it much anymore- I have occasional pangs for one or two flavors, but I really love rooibos and honeybush now.

Mar 20th, '10, 11:51

by Sententia » Mar 20th, '10, 11:51

I'm the only one in my family that ever connected with it. I love nature, the Earth.. I'm very spiritual, peaceful. I like the good things in life and tea puts it all into perspective. It's healthy. I stopped drinking soda, and eating fast food all the time and I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. Tea is great, and I can't praise it enough.

Apr 20th, '10, 21:53

by rabbit » Apr 20th, '10, 21:53

Because it makes me cool...

I like to drink tea while reading books that no one has ever heard of.

Apr 21st, '10, 06:16

by skilfautdire » Apr 21st, '10, 06:16

ndw76 wrote:And also, the used tea leaves are great for my small garden.
Hello, how do you use the tea leaves for the garden ? I mean, do you daily spread spent leaves on the soil in various places ? Or do you first make some compost heap and let it sit there for a while ? I think it's a great idea to recycle tea leaves for the garden but I'm not sure it this benefits all types of plants. Maybe some do not need that much of whatever tea leaves brings to the soil. Alongside which plants are you using tea leaves ?

Cheers.

Apr 21st, '10, 06:18

by skilfautdire » Apr 21st, '10, 06:18

rabbit wrote:I like to drink tea while reading books that no one has ever heard of.
You mean, they are not yet found as audio books ? :-)

Apr 23rd, '10, 01:55

by adikshoes » Apr 23rd, '10, 01:55

These records describe the effectiveness of the tea was very marvelous, tea and health records relating to lot. That some famous doctors in the ancient writings, there are many in this set. Modern biochemistry and medical research shows that the chemical components of tea, about 450 or more organic compounds, inorganic mineral nutrients not less than 15 species, shows that both nutritional value of tea on the human body, there are pharmacological effects, and It is closely related to physical health. Of course, the tea while the human body has the health and medical functions, but its content is limited, the treatment can not fully play the role of fitness, so it should be seen.

Apr 23rd, '10, 11:12

by artmom » Apr 23rd, '10, 11:12

Raised in wartime Scotland, tea was very important to the adults around me. It served to warm us up in our cold flats; it was served to anyone who dropped in; we had it morning; elevensies, lunch, 4 o'clock teatime, and with high tea (supper) and in the evening while listening to the radio. Of course, it was Indian or Chinese black, served with milk and tiny amounts of rationed sugar. Mama started me on it at about age 2 or 3; mostly milk w/just a drop of tea, and the ratio of tea to milk grew as I grew!

The making of tea was a ritual that accompanied bad news, good news, weddings, funerals, hard times and good. It still does for me.

At age 70, I've been drinking it now for around 67-68 years. Never have cared for coffee very much and didn't start drinking that until I was around 45 or 50 years old!

Now, I'm enjoying experimenting with other types of teas than black. :)

May 9th, '10, 14:45

by rabbit » May 9th, '10, 14:45

artmom- that is the best story I've heard so far on this website, it really painted a great picture of a scenario that most of us would never have associated with tea, thank you for sharing!
artmom wrote:Raised in wartime Scotland, tea was very important to the adults around me. It served to warm us up in our cold flats; it was served to anyone who dropped in; we had it morning; elevensies, lunch, 4 o'clock teatime, and with high tea (supper) and in the evening while listening to the radio. Of course, it was Indian or Chinese black, served with milk and tiny amounts of rationed sugar. Mama started me on it at about age 2 or 3; mostly milk w/just a drop of tea, and the ratio of tea to milk grew as I grew!

The making of tea was a ritual that accompanied bad news, good news, weddings, funerals, hard times and good. It still does for me.

At age 70, I've been drinking it now for around 67-68 years. Never have cared for coffee very much and didn't start drinking that until I was around 45 or 50 years old!

Now, I'm enjoying experimenting with other types of teas than black. :)

+ Post Reply