How do you make tea

For general/other topics related to tea.

How do you make tea.

Traditional
64%
Give me gadgets.
32%
I just need a teabag and a mircrowave.
5%

Total votes: 22

Mar 7th, '07, 01:26

How do you make tea

by Space Samurai » Mar 7th, '07, 01:26

This is a continuation of a previous post, "Why do you drink tea."

For me, making tea is all part of the expereince. I adore all of my tea pots. Instead of buying an electric kettle, I bought a tetsuki samashi to cool the water. I want to be involved.

So I am curious what others think. Are you like me, is it all about the gong fu, or do you prefer electric tea kettles and what not.

Mar 7th, '07, 11:11

by Mary R » Mar 7th, '07, 11:11

Meh...if I'm doing a tasting session, I DO use a sort of quasi-gong fu method. But regular daily brewing? I use a cup and an infuser basket...or a teapot if I'm doing blacks.

And I'd be a lost puppy without my electric kettle.

Mar 7th, '07, 18:30

by Carnelian » Mar 7th, '07, 18:30

I voted traditional because I use english style teapots and stovetop kettles, but I still love my ingenuitea so there is a little gadget geek in me.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Mar 7th, '07, 19:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Mar 7th, '07, 19:52

Well, I guess I use a bit of a hybrid traditional/gadgetry method. I use an electric kettle, a digital timer, and a digital thermometer, but I shy away from scales and measuring cups. I also use pots, not auto-infusers.

I guess I'm more of a techie, but I like to think I'm at least a little traditional. :)

Mar 13th, '07, 04:53

by EvenOdd » Mar 13th, '07, 04:53

In the morning I make black tea (red tea) with an English teapot, teaspoon for leaf retrieval, my microwave for timing, an electric kettle, and wait for it to go "rumble rumble" for me to start infusing.

In the afternoons/evenings it's stovetop kettle, gaiwan, pitcher, cup, tray, and eyeballing the amount of tea poured from its container into the gaiwan, and supernatural guesstimation powers for timing.

Mar 13th, '07, 18:00

by Jacqcat » Mar 13th, '07, 18:00

I'm only new to it all but I have a mug and infuser at home and an ingenuiTEA at work - and of course an electric kettle in both places.

I prefer the ingenuiTEA because I find I end up trying different combos for how they will look when steeping!
--------------------
Hi! I'm new :-)

+ Post Reply